Monday, March 20

Beauty and the Beast

I had such mixed feelings when I heard that Disney was remaking this. At first I was completely ecstatic, especially when I heard that Emma Watson was playing Belle. Unfortunately though, the more I saw, the more uncomfortable I became with the look of the adaptation.

For, you see, the original Beauty and Beast is so dear to me. Disney has shaped my life. Whether that's good or bad doesn't matter, but it is true. Most people can relate to this, having grown up with these stories in one way or another, so I wasn't sure if the new movie was going to make me happy or not. I hadn't seen any of the new live-action remakes, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to. After a while I even started nitpicking about stuff, and I wasn't sure if it was going to do my memories any justice.

Oh, but it did, and it exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds! I was actually quite surprised by how quickly I took to this film. The tale was beautifully retold, wonderfully executed in 3D, and was unique enough to be its own thing. It brought me so much joy and I'm absolutely elated now.

It's funny how cinema has so much power over us. That's actually one of the reasons that I am apposed to seeing much violence on screen, or in any form of media for that matter. I have become so sensitive to it, and I'm not interested in partaking any longer. I believe that we create our world, so it's up to the individual to take responsibility. Beauty and the Beast represents that to me, and was such a refreshing departure from the norm. Sure, there was tension and drama, but for the most part this PG film was such a wonderfully fanciful experience.

When I met Aaron years ago, I told him that I wanted adventure in the great wide somewhere. Those lyrics became his vow, and we decided to spend our lives together happily ever after. Life imitates art after all, and the other way around. So, if the classic version holds a special place in your heart, like it does mine, then go see this masterful rendition. I'm sure just as I did, you'll love it all the same.

Happy movie watching.
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle