Thursday, January 5

How to Do a 24-Hour Dry Fast Properly

You know what's more amazing than water fasting: Dry fasting. Truly, dry fasting (fasting without food or water) is the top of the detoxification mountain and many people are praising its benefits. The last few fasts that I've done have been dry fasts, and I too found them to be most wonderful. What was surprising to me, is that I wasn't having the severe detox symptoms that I normally get when water fasting. Sometimes, depending on the water fast, I would get nauseated right after drinking, but with dry fasting this never happened because I wasn't drinking any water.

I write about fasting so much, because it is the way that most creatures heal in nature. If they are sick, then they isolate themselves, try to curl up somewhere dark, and stay there until feeling better. Usually, they will instinctively go without food, or try eating bitter herbs with a bit of water if the environment allows for it.

It's the same for humans; when we get sick we don't have an appetite or can't keep food down if we tried. The body does not want to exert itself and compete with digestion when it's trying to heal. It's never about what we take, but what we trust our bodies to do on their own. We are all in different places, so depending on where you are in your journey, you might be ready for dry fasting. Proper guidance is important, that's why I'm here to share my experience with you. I'll be dry fasting today, and I'll document everything.

I've been on my wellness journey for over nine years now, and am only now choosing to dry fast. I had to work my way up to it, and I highly recommend that others do the same. Like all fasts, it's ideal to be on raw food for awhile, then transition to juice or coconut water for a day or two to ease into fasting. Personally, I don't always do this, because if one is on a high-fruit diet then it's pretty easy to transition into a fast.

Also, if you're interested, here's more about my water fasting experiences:

There isn't anything that has to be done during the day, so be still and enjoy the time. As always, listen to your body and if water is needed then simply partake. Now, on with the dry fasting.

Woke at 6:30am
I woke up with Aaron to help him get ready for work, but it's too early for me today. I'm a bit tired, and am going back to bed because it's still dark outside. See you again soon!

10:00am
I got back up naturally a little before 7:30am and spent a half an hour in bed meditating. It was odd that I had three dreams about junk food last night. I pondered on that, laughed, and found it to be quite amusing. Shortly after mediation, I got online, responded to emails and messages, then got to work on a blog post scheduled for next week. I feel pretty normal, and there is nothing to report.

1:00pm
I am still working on my post, took some time to research the topic, and watched videos pertaining to it. I also took a moment to speak with Aaron on his lunch break via the internet, so that was nice. I always talk with him during his time off. Physically, I still feel perfectly normal, and I've noticed overall how easy fasting has become for me. My body is cleaner than ever before, so it just keeps getting better. Also, I wanted to note that I am not using water in any way today, nor do I normally when dry fasting. This is called absolute dry fasting, and it is best not to let any water come in contact with the body because it will absorb through the skin and mucous membranes. Doing this will ensure that I reach the deepest level that I can, and experience the full benefits of dry fasting. One day of dry fasting alone is equivalent to three days of water fasting.

3:00pm
I started to get fun stuff out via expectoration, which is normal during fasting and is always exciting. Better out than in! Sputum can range from white, grey, yellow, green, orange, brown, and black. The color can tell one a lot about how old some of the mucus may be, and the darker the color usually means that it's been stagnate and sitting in the body for a very long time. Mine wasn't, so that's a good thing.

5:00pm
Aaron's back home, and as I write this he's in the kitchen enjoying a meal of mandarins and oranges. Truly, today has been extremely easy so far and I'm very thankful that I am doing so well. Although, I am starting to experience small, fleeting headaches. They pass quickly and occur in different places. Technically at this time I can break my fast, because I was done with my last meal yesterday around 5:15pm. I'm not going to though because I always like to do a complete day. I'll start tomorrow in the morning with some fresh spring water. As always, refeeding is just as crucial as the fast. The digestive system has been at rest, and it's very important to ease back into the refeed. I'm actually going to water fast for two more days, then on Sunday morning I'll have some coconut water. That will be a full day on juices, and the following day I'll make smoothies or have really hydrating fruits.

8:00pm
I'm a little hungry now, but that's to be expected. Other than that, Aaron and I are going to hang out for the rest of the night. I'm definitely restful now, and since the sun has gone down I'm starting to feel naturally sleepy.

10:00pm
What an easy fast... Up until now. I'm pretty tired and nauseated, but I'm grateful that throughout most of the day it didn't even feel like I was fasting at all. Hurray for a high-fruit diet. I am quite excited to partake in some of that delicious citrus when the time comes, but I still have a few more days to go. Goodnight everyone, be well, and happy fasting. 

♡ Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle