Wednesday, September 21

The Last Unicorn

"I know you. If I were blind I'd know what you are."
- Schmendrick (Alan Arkin), The Last Unicorn

At last... After a few opportunities throughout my life, I have finally come to know and fully appreciate The Last Unicorn. Years ago, I discovered that unicorns are indeed real, and since then, Life has been elevated in ways I had only yet dreamt of, and to heights that continue to surpass all I could hope to imagine. Only after being bestowen such fortune would come the realization of why those opportunities had passed me by; this experience was meant to be with Claudia. I have always desired to share in this tale with my Truelove since she first told me that it has the most significant of meanings for her, and as the Universe tends to align for us, the perfect time for our celebration came on her birthday this year.

This film is beautiful and enchanting. An ambassador for the time in which it was created, The Last Unicorn has a "true magic" that is rarely conveyed within the technical prowess of recent cinema. The art direction was rich, and the vivid use of color was one of the movie's strongest virtues. Music and voice performances were wonderful, featuring some well-known talent.

Unicorn: "I'm looking for others like me. Have you seen them, Magician?"
Schmendrick: "No, I've never seen anyone like you. Not while I was awake, anyway."
- Unicorn (Mia Farrow) and Schmendrick (Alan Arkin), The Last Unicorn

The story is one of longing curiosity that leads to self-discovery, for it is through our every adventure (both great and small) that we come to know ourselves more completely. Claudia and I have been most fortunate and blessed to have each other as part of this grand journey; our paths entwined the day we met, and we've known unfathomable growth since that glowing beginning.

Occasionally, who we are can be forgotten; our path changes us in ways that are unpredictable, and we transform into something new before it may become apparent. An entire lifetime or years may be required for certain changes, whereas others will literally occur overnight or in the blink of an eye. The only way is through, and if every turn, mountain, bridge, or bluff can be appreciated as a learning experience, then we are all free to expand; new heights await us in this timeless spiral of Life.

Happy movie watching.
- Aaron -

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle