Monday, March 28

How to Do a 30-Day Vegan Cleanse Properly

For the last 30 days Aaron and I have been on a vegan cleanse. We got to the point were we realized that a lot of processed foods were creeping back into our daily lives and we wanted to do something about it. Right then and there we decided that we wanted to change. We declared that we were going to go 30 days on a high raw, vegan, gluten-free challenge. We started on February 27th, and broke it with our Easter feast.

Recently I have become very sensitive to animal suffering, specifically regarding industries that treat them like products. Aaron, despite knowing that we are meant to eat raw fruits and veggies, was noticing that he too was having intense withdrawals from animal food products. Immediately, I knew that it was time: Time to stop protecting him, and share the documentary that had one of the greatest impacts on my addictions. This film is called Earthlings.


For those of you that don't know what this is, it's a documentary about animal cruelty. It is very real, and very upsetting. Anyone with any empathy can understand that this sort of pain and suffering is not natural and goes against our humanity. Death is natural; this is not. We have empathy for a reason and I strongly believe that anyone that supports these industries should be required to watch it, myself and Aaron included.

"The way we use money has more influence in our society than anything else. And the way we
choose to spend our money can change everything. No company will continue a practice or
product that you, the consumer, will not buy. It's vitally important that you understand this,
because this gives you ultimate power to change the world you live in." - Ethos

Once again, watching this was horrible and indescribable. I cried my heart out, and was surprised by just how much I had forgotten. Simply knowing that this injustice is a part of our world is upsetting. We are better than that, and most of us know this deep down. Aaron and I will correct our actions, and make better choices.

Bring on the cleanse then! For the most part it's very simple: Rest, relax, eat fruits, juice greens, steam veggies, cook potatoes, don't eat gluten grains, stay away from additives, consume nothing from an animal, fast if desired, meditate, and have fun. That's what we did anyway, and each on our own levels. One can take it as far as they wish, or go extremely slowly.

Also, I want to mention that it's okay to break the cleanse if you're really stressed out, or are in dire need of comfort. Aaron and I only did this once. We went out to a restaurant and had cooked foods that probably had chemical additives in it, but we jumped right back into it afterwards. I can tell you that even with that little bit of cheating, we're by far the happiest and healthiest we've ever been.

Towards the end of the cleanse I started to notice how energized and balanced I had become. Even though I have such a long way to go, I was shocked by just how much consistent energy I had. My meals were light, typically mono, and high fruit. We did our spring water fast for a day as well, and I even dry fasted for an evening unintentionally because I was so energized! I spent three hours meditating, and was not hungry or dehydrated in the slightest.

During this long meditation, I found myself diving into a high, trance-like state that helped me experience the Now. I was truly aware of the present moment, and it was so peaceful to simply be. I miss it, and almost feel homesick thinking about it.

Boy: "Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth."
Neo: "What truth?"
Boy: "There is no spoon."
Neo: "There is no spoon?"
Boy: "Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."
- Boy (Rowan Witt) and Neo (Keanu Reeves), The Matrix

Fascinating, yes. I also found that I was dreaming vividly every night as well, most of them lucid. Another thing that I noted was that when I ate cooked or processed vegan foods (specifically we had some GMO corn chips) I slipped out of that state so quickly. Not to say that I couldn't experience that again while eating cooked food, it was just way easier to get there on fruits and water: A catalyst if you will.

So was this cleanse a success? I'd say it was! For one, going forward, Aaron and I will find creative ways to stay vegan at least. Addictions are strong though, even despite our best efforts. We know that we're suppose to be eating raw foods, but this modern world with it's constant stressors can be overwhelming to us at times. All by choice of course, it's our perception. Again... There is no spoon.

I can say that I feel amazing, have a flat tummy, and have lost a lot of fat around my torso. I'm back to my high school weight and measurements again. There is no need for the protection any longer. Also, I'm taller now. This is either due to my spine straightening up, or my pituitary gland functioning better. When we change our lifestyles our bodies reflect it. However, I still don't see a lot of change in my eyes. My lymph system is challenged and my kidneys aren't filtering optimally. I can tell this by the hazel color, lymph rosary, and my puffy under eye circles. The only way is through, and I must keep going. I have to undo a whole lifetime of poor diet, stagnation, stress, and childhood vaccinations.

Ultimately, I seek to be an example of how one can turn any situation around. Without pain and contrast, we would not learn. Life is wonderful and fun. I am ready now.

♡ Claudia

2 comments:

  1. The crazy part about this is I was on the verge of doing a 30 Day Vegan cleanse. I think a wrestler did that once.

    But it's very interesting how you managed to take a new perspective and direction on how you use your diet and food intake. I always wanted to know how it's like to fight temptation, adjust to a new diet, etc.

    I'm glad it's working out for you. Hopefully the results will continue to become much better for you.

    - Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go for it! :D If you like, you could even start out with a 7-day cleanse. If you need a little push, watch that documentary. It helped motivate me.

      Thank you, yes. For me, I've gotten to the point that I don't have many junk food cravings at all. I crave fruits and veggies! It's taken me eight years. Everyone's different, and moves at their own speed. For instance, Aaron is rocking it! :D He's moving way faster than I did. So all in due time.

      Oh yes, they most certainly will. Results have accelerated ever since we started eating high fruit last summer, and we'll keep going!
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle