Wednesday, October 7

Look of the Month :: Fall 2015 :: October

"It's the zombies I'm sick of. And their fear... Of their own fucking
imaginations." - Adam (Tom Hiddleston), Only Lovers Left Alive

Oh Adam, you carry the burdens of the world on your shoulders. If, though, there is so much wrong to be seen, then there is also so much right. I've been there as well. Perhaps we all have, or not. Sometimes I don't know if most care that much.

Adam, our dark and brooding leading man from one of my favorite films of all time, Only Lovers Left Alive, is the focus of this month's digital face chart. It's perfect for Halloween, or for anyone that wants to wear their feelings through their makeup. If you are into this dark feral look I also recommend teasing your hair big (yak and goat hair was actually used in his wig to give it a more wild animalistic feel), and if you're a man, make sure to grow out a bit of stubble. Pair that with chapped lips (lay off the water and lick your lips to dry them out quickly) and blue contacts for the finishing touch (if you don't already have blue eyes). After all, why does it matter what the world thinks? 500 years, give or take, is an awfully long time.

One other thing to note about this character's makeup is that it does tend to change throughout the story. If Adam is well fed, he looks a little bit more put together. This is the look that I have focused on for my chart, as opposed to when he is hungry, pale, and near death. It seems probable that the makeup artist used a bit more powder on the face and lips when this happens, almost to the point of looking dusty and ancient. Pop in some sickly yellow-green contacts to complete the look, and this is definitely another fun alternative.

Again, I'm focused on him at his best. The way that he is when he's with Eve, his Truelove, is what made me fall in love with this movie myself. It also convinced me that love does exist and that I can have it. Everyone can if they want it. Happy Halloween, and don't let the zombies bite.   

The current look is:
O C T O B E R  2 0 1 5


Color inspiration:
Bordeaux, jade, black, white, and silver

Current motivation for the look:
Adam


Previous Looks this Year:

J A N U A R Y  2 0 1 5

F E B R U A R Y  2 0 1 5

M A R C H  2 0 1 5

A P R I L  2 0 1 5

M A Y  2 0 1 5

J U N E  2 0 1 5

J U L Y  2 0 1 5

A U G U S T  2 0 1 5
  
S E P T E M B E R  2 0 1 5

Please feel free to express yourself as well! Share links, tips, or any other suggestions in the comments. I would love to hear from you.

 xoxo,
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle