Thursday, January 22

Look of the Month :: Winter 2015 :: January

I'm always a bit daring for my first digital face chart of the year, and this look is no exception. I've been inspired by artistic ways to wear liner, and what better time of year to experiment. I love simple geometric shapes, and there's something very beautiful about adoring the face with them. So this time around I wanted to incorporate tiny liner dots with the color of the year, marsala, to create a powerful eye. It's very war paint-esque, and a perfect way to own the new year.

Speaking of fresh starts, this year will mark the end of the "Look of the Month" face charts. Makeup will always be a passion of mine, but I'm going to become more responsible about what I put on my skin. That, and I love being natural. So starting this year, I'm going to reduce my makeup collection to the bare essentials. I'm not going to throw anything away, because I don't like wasting things, but I'm just not going to be repurchasing as much. In the future I will have a very small kit, featuring only my favorites. The rest will go. It also helps that I have the most amazing man in my life. This year for New Year's Aaron told me that he wanted me to leave my lip gloss in the hotel because he preferred the color of my real lips. Wow! Well then.

Again, a little makeup always goes a long way and I will continue to have fun. As an artist it's a wonderful way to express myself, and I still enjoy it. I'll probably even do more face charts from time to time here on the blog, just not on a monthly basis.

So enjoy this last run! The Look of the Month posts have been going strong for five years now, and I feel in my heart that it's a good time to retire them. Thank you for loving them as much as I did. 

The current look is:
J A N U A R Y  2 0 1 5


Color trends for this month:
Marsala, aurora red, misted yellow, black, and yellow gold

Current motivation for the look:
 New beginnings, colonial America, and unique creativity

Please feel free to express yourself as well! Share links, tips, or any other suggestions in the comments. I would love to hear from you.

 xoxo,
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle