Tuesday, December 23

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Well, once again, the epic story has come to an end. I realized that I too had an adventure just by going to see these films, and not how one would think. Each of these Hobbit film I have seen in different States across America. The first one was in California, the second was in Michigan, and the third was in Pennsylvania. Or as Aaron put it, "You went on adventures to see adventures!" So indeed I did, and I enjoyed it very much so. I even braided Aaron's hair, so he was definitely sporting an elven look. It was fun to see the movie with him, because he likes the franchise as much as I do, and we had a great time.

I saw The Desolation of Smaug in IMAX 3D, so I knew that I wanted to do that again because it was better than standard viewing. Unfortunately though, this time around, I didn't have a good time with the chairs. They were too tall, so I got to see a row of heads all across the bottom of the screen, which completely detracted from my experience. I was also wearing my glasses, which was the first time that I tried to wear glasses with the 3D glasses. Not a good idea at all, and I should have worn my contacts as usual, because I spent a lot of time readjusting them throughout the film.

Overall this final film was really enjoyable. It would have been nice to have read the book so that I knew what was canon and what was Peter Jackson, because I found myself pondering that many times. Smaug was resolved so quickly that it was surprising, and the duration of this film was based around the battle (I probably should have guessed that because of the title). I don't like war films, and nowadays I've grown to even dislike fantasy violence. So as I sat there and realized this, I thought to myself how much I've changed, and that I just don't find this sort of thing to be entertaining anymore. Perhaps a past, more immature, Claudia was aroused by the action and cool cinematography, but now I can't look past it anymore. War, gore, and violence sucks. So in future I will be more selective with how I spend my time, which is unfortunate because I rather do like Tolkein's world. 

On that topic, Aaron did have a theory about war and violence relating to food, and he was wondering if war coincided with people becoming more aggressive because they were not eating properly. Eating meat makes a person more aggressive and an imbalance in the brain occurs when one is malnourished with such food. It was an interesting parallel for sure, and I too wonder if my lack of interest in violent subject matters has anything to do with my improved brain health over the last few years. Eating cleanly and healthy surely changes the way one views the world.

Aside from that, the story was intriguing, and I found it to be rather unpredictable. I thought that some of the characters were narrow minded and shallow. Again, this made for an interesting story, but I didn't foresee that at all! Thorin was so power hungry and Thranduil was quite the Sass Master. Overall, it did wrap up rather nicely, and it was neat to finally see Bilbo sitting and recalling the story again at Bag End. I also appreciated the credit sequence brimming with concept art from Alan Lee and John Howe. Their drawings are exquisite, and it made me smile ear to ear to see their lovely work up on the big screen.

Happy movie watching!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Claudia,

    Very interesting entry. It turns out that the Hobbit trilogy as was the LOTR trilogy have been epic. Although I am not a huge fan of either franchise, I can tell based on the amounts of fans I've encountered shows how huge the fan communities are. Just like the Star Wars franchise (BTW have you seen the new episode 7 trailer? Looks really cool that's for sure!)

    Also it's interesting that Aaron brought up food and how it has affected people. Do you really feel it's true? All these years I do eat meat and poultry because I need protein...but despite that I also eat fruits and veggies along with other health products that most may/may not have.

    I also wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. I know we barely talk and for some reason...nevermind. I doubt that's true since I assume. Either way hope to hear from you again.

    - Jon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jon!
      Yeah, they're definitely fun. I love them for the art, music, and wonderful characters. I did see the Star Wars trailer. It played before this film. Is that something that you're going to go see? :)

      Yes, I do. I've seen it in myself. Also, it's something that I knew about before, but never thought about it regarding war and conquest.

      Regarding protein, your best form of protein is going to come from greens, not meat. Sure meat has a lot of protein in it. The problem though is that our bodies don't utilize it properly like it does from plants. Here's a video that explains it better:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvUgcqjx2kA

      Greens build muscle. :D There's no point to eating the muscle of animals, when one can eat what makes the animals healthy to begin with. It's like cutting out the middleman.

      Aww! Thank you Jon. <3 I hope that you and yours had a wonderful holiday as well.
      Well, I'm always here if you want to talk more.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. Claudia,

      It is an interesting series so who can disagree with you on that? Oh it did? I had my suspicions based on how it would possibly draw some Star Wars fans to want to see this movie and yes I plan on checking it out =) Will you?

      Personally I want to do the R2D2 scream for some reason....yes I can actually do it. I can fathom with your feelings towards war and conquest. I never really enjoy fighting even when I was a kid. I grew up a pacifist person until I was exposed to being more of an aggressive person. Guess you can say I'm like Bruce Banner and The Hulk or Gohan from Dragonball Z. I'm kind but have a mean streak if I'm pushed too far.

      Hmmmm now that you mention it, there was a time I was getting slightly toned and lost a lot of weight and it was mainly due to my eating habits. In 2012, I was eating oatmeal and fruits for breakfast before I started my shift and even while at home with a combination of exercise. So along with vegetables being eaten, I can fully understand why it became helpful and what you're telling me. I will gladly view the link to fully grasp this and perhaps use this to continue helping me get back to that regimen.

      Likewise Claudia. I read your lastest post of your New Year's plans and such. So now that you live in PA, you're a bit closer to NYC. Hope you and Aaron make it here one day. That'll be really cool to meet the two of you. =)

      Any other plans for 2015? Look forward to more

      BTW, I'm looking to get to my blog. Hope you enjoy my future posts ;)


      - Jon

      Delete
    3. Yup, it sure is. :) Yeah, it did. I believe I will go to see it.

      Haha! Oh really! That's awesome. That little guy is definitely a favorite. Well, that's understandable. We all have a little bit of that in us. At times like that, I try to find my inner calm, because my actions are my choice.

      Yeah! For sure, it will help. You'll do amazing too. Go brain health! The brain loves fruit, because that's our main source of fuel. We only get into trouble when we process fruit for sweeteners or juice them without the pulp.

      Yes we are! Funny you mentioned that, because I told him about you and that you were up there. A trip is in order for sure; I hope to venture up there one day. :) It will be fun.

      Our big plans for 2015 is to keep going with YouTube, blogging, and lifestyle coaching. I'm excited about it. I feel like it's our purpose in life, and we're really following our hearts. <3

      Oh wonderful! I'm glad to hear it Jon. Keep going!
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle