Friday, August 22

Only Lovers Left Alive

I loved this movie! Absolutely loved it, and it stayed in my thoughts for days after. I wanted to reflect upon it more before writing, so I waited a bit to post after it came out on Blu-ray this past Tuesday.

Sometimes I don't like writing about movies because my thoughts shouldn't influence other's take or tastes on a particular experience. We all know what we like, or at least I hope that we do, and I encourage you to trust your intuition when it comes to how you spend your time. Even reading this here now is a choice, and for that, I thank you. I'm most grateful because it's still nice to share my own experience. Not just with films, but with lots of different things as well. I only hope that they're useful and helpful to some out there.

Then again, we're all a collection of one another's thoughts anyway. Everyone that came before us, and others around us. We will always be, unless we're isolated. Which is rare in this day and age.

Anyway, the movie was beautiful. Beautiful in all ways. Watch it if you like, and perhaps you'll like it as much as I did. Talk to me about it if you've seen it. I always love a good conversation.

Happy movie watching.
~Claudia

8 comments:

  1. ANDY FROM CCS8/25/2014 12:19 AM

    Did you survive the quake? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! Yesh! XD It was a bit scary though. Thank you for checking in. Hope all is well Andy. No earthquakes for you?
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  2. ANDY FROM CCS8/27/2014 2:12 AM

    Ha! I think the only earthquake Michigan has ever had was that one when I was about 6-8 years old. At least that's the only one I think I've ever felt. I've had nightmares of falling through floors before, not really sure why I've dreamt that before. I don't think I'd do well in a real quake. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, really? Wow, I'm surprised by that. Sorry to hear about the nightmares. Falling dreams are sometimes about a loss of control or insecurity. Perhaps you were going through something at the time that you had them. Yeah, earthquakes are not fun. At least for me as well.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. ANDY FROM CCS8/28/2014 1:57 AM

      Meh, those dreams were a long time ago. Sometimes a dream is just a dream. :D

      Delete
  3. I've only yet seen the trailer for this movie, but what I've seen is very interesting, and I am very much looking forward to seeing it. ^__^
    It definitely looks to be a movie more thoughtful and heartfelt than most cinema made these days; a look into the human condition. :)

    Thank you for sharing, Claudia! :3


    <3
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It so is. It's one of the best films that I've seen in a long while. I KNOW that you'll love it.
      <3 Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle