Friday, August 1

My Beautiful Little Echeveria Neon Breaker


When I was out and about last week I saw the most beautiful little plant in a shop nursery. I had never seen anything like it before and knew that I had to take it home. It was quite spontaneous too, because I wasn't expecting to buy anything that day. It just spoke to me, and that was that.

Come to find out, it's an Echeveria, and more specifically a Neon Breaker. Apparently these tiny beauties are native to the semi-deserts of Central America. My mother even had a similar variety in her garden when I was growing up. They were called Chicken and Hens. I remember that I was fascinated by them, and loved the fact that they were so resilient. That makes me hopeful that I can care for this one properly too.

So it has a lovely new home now, right in front of my window with lots of sun. As always, I name my plants and have chosen Aurora because the colors remind me of the sky. That, and she's my little princess.

If any of you have any advice on how to care for this type of plant, definitely leave a comment and let me know. I want to do my best to keep it healthy and happy.

Cheers,
~Claudia

2 comments:

  1. That plant has simply stunning colors. It would certainly have spoken to me, as well.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, she's a pretty one. ^__^
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle