Friday, February 28

The 86th Annual Academy Awards!

It’s Oscar season, and as always, I’m incredibly eager to see what happens (of course that includes the red carpet as well). I'm excited about the host this year too. Ellen is always so much fun, and I'm sure that she'll be entertaining. To be honest, I haven't seen many of these films this year. Life has just been really busy for me lately, and I haven't had time for much movie watch. Despite that, I still have my favorite actors and artists, so it would be nice to see them take home some awards.

EDIT: Wow, that was a good show. Jared Leto and his winning speech truly made my night. I'm so glad that he won. It's inspiring that he's so humble, and it makes me want to keep reaching for the stars and following my dreams. Also, the beautiful Lupita Nyong'o had such lovely words to share as well. She surely deserved her award, and it was nice to see something so heart-felt.

Here's what I would like to see win (actual winner marked in green):

Best Picture
Her
Megan Ellison, Spike Jonze, and Vincent Landay

Actress in a Leading Role 
Amy Adams
American Hustle

Actor in a Supporting Role
Jared Leto
Dallas Buyers Club

Actress in a Supporting Role
Jennifer Lawrence
American Hustle

Animated Feature Film
Frozen
Chris Buck, Jennifer Lee, and Peter Del Vecho

Costume Design
The Great Gatsby
Catherine Martin

Makeup and Hairstyling
The Lone Ranger
Joel Harlow and Gloria Pasqua-Casny

Production Design
The Great Gatsby
Catherine Martin and Beverley Dunn

Sound Editing
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Brent Burge and Chris Ward

Sound Mixing
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Christopher Boyes, Michael Hedges, Michael Semanick, and Tony Johnson

Visual Effects
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Joe Letteri, Eric Saindon, David Clayton, and Eric Reynolds

Writing
Before Midnight
Richard Linklater, Julie Delpy, and Ethan Hawke


So let's see what unfolds! Cheers and happy Oscars watching everyone.
~Claudia

2 comments:

  1. Eliina Belenkiy3/03/2014 1:07 AM

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurray! It was a good show wasn't it! :D
      <3 Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle