Monday, October 21

Terms and Conditions May Apply Documentary

Wow, this one was hard to watch, but I recommend it to everyone out there because it's important to be aware of. This lovely film is a behind-the-scenes look at what happens to our personal information when we sign up for any service online.

There's no silver lining, and it's a bit hard to digest. The gist of it is that anything that's done online is written in ink. Nothing is deleted, nothing is private, everything is monitored, and is collected for profit or gain. I'm sure most of us are aware of this, I certainly was before watching it, but it was still difficult to listen to once more. The matter is like a catch-22, because we willingly choose to use the Internet and the variety of different services companies offer. So we have to live with the terms and conditions.

This is true for phone calls and texts too. Everything is recorded, collected, and can, and will, be used however they see fit. I've thought about getting rid of my cell phone numerous times, but then how would I talk to my family? I live so far away from them. So once again: Checkmate.

Just be aware and watch the film:

It was sad at the end of the documentary because the filmmakers kindly ask, "Can you please not?" Can you please not do this and treat us this way? That's a very optimistic approach, and unfortunately it seems highly unlikely. Why would they stop when there's so much to gain?

Happy movie watching.
~Claudia

8 comments:

  1. That's interesting to hear. Is the film on Netflix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't believe it is. At least not yet. :)
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. Oh ok. I'll be sure to look out for it. When do u start up your next chat room on deviantart?

      Delete
    3. Sure thing Matthew. :) I was thinking around the new year.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    4. Awesome!! I will be looking out for that invite of yours.

      Delete
    5. Sure thing Matthew. I received your other messages as well. Thank you. Hope all is well with you and your family.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    6. We're doing fine and my aunt will always be in my heart. Thanks for asking.

      Delete
    7. I'm so glad Matthew. Stay well, and I wish you and yours a wonderful holiday.
      <3 Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle