Tuesday, October 8

How to Make a Tape Dress Form Dummy

Wow, it looks just like me!

I've finally joined the club and now I have my very own Claudia duplicate. We're like twinsies! I needed to make this for my Fran cosplay so that I had something to work off of. They're easy to make and can be created for the entire body or whichever body part is needed. What's great about making a custom form is that it's specific for one's body. That makes it ideal, and it costs only a few dollars to make in comparison to buying a dress form for a lot of money. 

~~Materials Needed~~
Plastic Wrap
Clear Packing Tape
Sharpie Marker
Scissors

All you do is wrap your body a little tightly in plastic wrap first (Ladies, make sure to do each breast individually instead of one large lump). Then do a few good layers of tape to cover all of the plastic wrap without taping the skin. Next, draw some body landmarks with the sharpie marker on the tape to indicate where things are, and also make some horizontal lines with the sharpie down the center of the back so that when it's cut open it can be realigned properly. Cut it open down the center of the back using the scissors, and lastly use the marks to realign it and tape the seam back together to make a solid form once more.

One thing that I want to point out is that I used clear packing tape for this because I wanted to be able to see through it. Personally, I did this in zee nude because I wanted to see where things were so that they could be marked. Body parts such as the navel, nipples, ribcage, and clavicle are important to mark so then it's easy to cover or align the clothing that's being created with the landmarks. It makes life so much easier when it's clear where those parts are. If you don't have clear packing tape, it's okay, I've also seen duck tape or thick masking tape used as well. Just use what you have, and try to guess with the marks.

Lastly, I used a feather pillow to stuff my form because I didn't having any stuffing and I didn't want to buy any. The pillow worked out great because the feathers mold nicely to the form inside. So then when I'm done using it, the pillow can be removed and the form can be easily stored away.

So have fun making a custom form for your awesome cosplay, Halloween costume or
fashion design. It's a great way to work off of something instead of your actual body.

Love Claudia xx

10 comments:

  1. Thank you very much. After I manage to bring myslef into consciousness I'm going to take the longest cold shower I have ever taken...

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness. Are you being silly again. :3
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  2. Mmmmm, I guess. Just a little bit. I mean... well, you... and... so... sexy, and I have only but one heart... you know? ♥

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, dear, it's a bunch of tape. :3 Sexy tape for the win! http://media2.giphy.com/media/4T48716LEWUGA/giphy.gif

      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. Kristen Wiig Rocks my world!! Respectfully, it is you that makes this and anything else SEXY Darling. ♥

      Delete
    3. Hee hee! Yeah, she's fun. Goodness, well, I don't know what to say. Thank you.
      <3 Claudia

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, this is a really cool idea! I may have to try this, but I have no idea how I would use it as I don't make any costumes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrew! :D What about the kids? Do they play dress up or make costumes?
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. That might work, but they grow each time I see them. Perhaps it might be a better idea to wait until they're a bit older, lol.

      Delete
    3. Hee hee! Yeah for sure. Well, if inspiration strikes, it's always here. <3
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle