Monday, September 23

Think and Grow Rich

I'm sure that some of you have heard of this best-selling book, Think and Grow Rich, by author Napoleon Hill. The title itself it very attractive, but does it do what it says? Can one actually "think" and grow rich? Well, recently I set aside the time to answer that question, because like most, I continue to pursue success. Yes, I believe it's possible, and the information is useful for all sorts of things whether that's completing a project, learning a skill, earning money, or even mastering thought. That's up to the individual. Anything that's desired can be achieved. One just has to put the proper effort into it.

So I'm going to break it down, and give you the success formula in a condensed format. Again, it's not only about money. These steps can definitely be applied to anything that one wants to achieve, and personally I've started to implement them into my own life as well. 


Controlling One's Mind
One of the most useful lessons this book has to offer is teaching one how to maintain positive thoughts which can be done through autosuggestion. The concept is simple, but hard to master. We are our thoughts, period, and they're the only thing that we have complete control over. Whatever reality we perceive to be true typically manifests in one form or another. We choose to be positive or negative, and those thoughts either build up or tear down. To control one's thoughts is vital, because we start to believe whatever it is that we tell ourselves.   

Know Exactly What You Want 
It's not okay to be vague, because it will most likely never lead to anything or will not make one happy. One must have a clear definition of what they desire whether that's a specific job, an amount of money, learning a new skill, or any objective for that matter. It's important to have a clear picture of what it is because only then can one truly take massive action towards that goal.

Acquire Specialized Knowledge 
Traditionally this means school, but as the book points out that's not the only way to learn. Especially in this new era where information is readily available online. It makes learning so accessible and free for most people. Sure, taking a class or going to school is wonderful, but it's not for everyone. There are numinous examples of people that were successful without schooling or dropping out. Not that I'm condoning it, because my school years were some of the best years of my life and I wouldn't be where I am today without out it, but there are other paths for those that aren't interested or can't afford traditional schooling. Whatever it is that you seek, study it, make no excuses, and put the time into perfecting your skills.

Confide in Others
This goes hand in hand with studying. If you lack time, or know-how, work with someone that does. It's more efficient to have a group of people (this is called a mastermind group in the book) working toward a common goal than just one person. Or if that's not an option for you, study these people. Find someone that achieved what you want, and study everything about them. How did they succeed, and what made them successful? Surround yourself with like-minded people because it will help inspire. Sometimes it takes being around a good person to become motivated and benefit from their energy. The same can be said for a loving partner. The book talks about how some of the most influential people throughout time had a lover that's responsible for bringing out their genius. Sex is one of the most basic human needs, and that in and of itself has been responsible for many accomplishments throughout history because people find inspiration through the affection of another. The concept of a muse is something to be highly valued.

Create a Definite Plan for Success 
Knowing what you want is only half the battle; now it's time to plan how to make it happen. It's super important to make a thorough plan and take action without being indecisive. Write it down, execute the steps, learn from the mistakes, make better plans if necessary, and stick with it until the goal is realized. This is definitely trial and error, and most people give up at this stage. If the first plan didn't work out, go back, rework it, and keep trying something new until it does. A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits.

Master Fear
The chapters in the book about fear, by far, are the most valuable to me. Fear is a choice, and it holds most of us back for whatever reason. It's easy to make excuses and except our circumstances without even trying to make a difference. Procrastination is a big one as well because it's easier to be lazy, indifferent, or focus our energy on trivial things instead of facing the challenge. There are plenty of stories of people that lost everything, had no fear, stood their ground, and kept going when they believed in their dreams. If the plan didn't work, they tried something else and worked towards it no matter what.


So whenever you're struggling to accomplish something, return to this list, be honest with yourself, and figure out why it hasn't worked out yet. Remedy that and keep at it, because it will only bring you one step closer to the finish line each time until you finally cross it.

If you're interested in the entire book, look it up online because it's public domain. It can be found in a variety of different formats. So don't hesitate if you think that it can help you grow in some way. It's recommended to study it over and over again to condition the mind to be prosperous. It's even changed the way that I tackle a problem, and who knows, perhaps all of this new knowledge will also pad my wallet a bit so that I can continue to funds my dreams and help others.

If you've read the book let me know your thoughts on it.
What do you implement and swear by? I would love to hear from you.

Cheers and here's to a good life!
~Claudia

4 comments:

  1. Interesting Ms. Claudia. Well, I need to say that mastering my fears could be difficult for me. I have been trying for years, however, lately I'm finding it rather difficult. (I see a spider and I wish I had a tank to eliminate the threat). Afraid is only getting worse. : (

    Now, muses are very hard to find, so that will just not work out. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting indeed. Well, just like anything in life it's about the effort we put in. That's what I try to remember for my fears. What is it about spiders that bother you? They are to be respected for sure, but I can see how fear is problematic. I use a clear cup and a piece of paper to trap them and then put them outside. Just be careful. <3

      I'm sad to hear that. It seems to me like you've already decided that it won't work. Whatever we believe to be true is typically what we get. Maybe it's time to study that! Spiders and muses! :D That's what I do, when I start to get stressed and worried I start to study and analyze it. Then I tend to remember that it's all a choice, a mindset, and I can usual nip it in the bud. <3 Don't give up dear.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  2. Thank you. You are so sweet. Is just that I'm finding it more difficult to control lately. I was able to manage it better. I find most insects repelling. Not only spiders. I can't really pin point what is it about them that make my skin crawl, but I do not like them!! Specially if there is no one around to help me get rid of them.

    Nope. Never give up, never surrender!! And to infinity and beyond!! :D ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes facing the fear is best. :) Maybe next time just try to remember that everything will be all right. Take it slowly, and just deal with them. Sounds like you got the right attitude! :D
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle