Tea Tree Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle

Wednesday, September 25

How to Clean HP Printer Cartridges

I've had my HP printer forever it seems. I love it; it's small and gets the job done. Unfortunately though, in this digital era, I haven't had to use it very often at all and every time I do my ink cartridges are dried up.

So because of this, I would go out and buy new ones because I didn't know any better. Well come to find out, the cartridges weren't empty. The printheads were just dried up and clogged so I wasn't getting good prints. I was thrilled when I learned this trick, because it's saved me so much money already and I don't have to waste perfectly good cartridges that still have some life left in them.

Soak the HP cartridge in a little boiling water for 15 minutes.

All one does is boil some water and place the ink cartridge, printer head down, into a container filled with just enough water to cover the head for about 15 minutes. That's it! The inks are water soluble so the hot stream will loosen the dry ink on the head and the cartridge is as good as new. Try it next time you notice that your prints are not coming out as good as normal. It might just be a clogged cartridge.

Best,
~Claudia

8 comments:

  1. Mine don't clog so much, and like you, I hardly use my printer. I need to get my paws on a wireless printer to use with my computers and tablet, but my previous printer used to clog all the time. Why didn't I meet you before?!?

    :D Here is looking at those pretty eyes of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's good. :) A wireless one would be awesome. Are they tiny?
      Goodness you!
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  2. Oh no, about the same size as regular printers, but you are able to print from any device even smart phones. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I see. That's cool. :) Sounds very convenient.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  3. Oh, m'goodness! Hopefully this works for mine! It's having some color problems, for sure.
    Thank you, Claudia. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! This works wonders. I was so fed up with cartridges until I tried this. You might not be able to print high quality artwork, but text and other simple things work out great. :) It's nice to get a little extra life out of them.
      <3 Claudia

      Delete
  4. It worked! ...Sort of. ^_^'
    Actually, it seems to have worked just fine, but there may be something wrong with my printer, or (preferably) some other part of the cartridge that steaming wouldn't correct.
    The prints I made afterwards were nice and clear, however the parts that were supposed to be orange---and I even tried changing the color to pure yellow---always printed green. So at this time, if a better test, then a new cartridge doesn't illuminate this mystery, the last thing it could be is my printer.
    I sure hope I just have a bad cartridge, but that would be a shame as well, because this one is far from empty. =__=
    I'm still so glad you shared this, because I've always wondered if there was some way to maximize printer cartridges.
    Thanks again, love.

    <3 Aaron

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm glad to hear it. At least you can get a few more prints out of it. :D
      Yeah, printers are mysterious ones. Another thing to consider is to make sure that your monitor is calibrated correctly. I've had that happen too, even with professional work that has been printed. Then I know that it was on my end. XD The same thing happened. The artwork printed more green.

      Oh sure thing hun! Glad it's been helpful.
      ~Claudia

      Delete