Thursday, September 26

5 Health Benefits of Saunas

The Garden Outdoor Dry Sauna

When I was younger my family and I would travel and stay at hotels a few times a year while on vacation. The highlight of that experience was usually going down to the pool and hitting the sauna with my sisters. It was so exhilarating, but calming all at the same time just because I knew how much of a treat it was. Well recently, I got back into the habit of going to the sauna. I was reminded of those amazing times, and I wanted to continue to benefit from going. Not only does it feel wonderful, but dry saunas have a number of different health benefits. It's definitely worth the time if you have one readily available.


Here's why saunas are beneficial:

1. Relaxation - Stress reduction is the number one reason to enjoy some sauna time. Stress affects every aspect of our lives and it's vitally important to keep that in check. Start the morning of right, or unwind after a long day with a bit of time in the soothing dry heat. Let the mind calm and enjoy the intoxicating aromatic smell of the wood.

2. Ease Soreness - Heat from the sauna helps to relax the muscles and also relieves stiffness in joints. This tranquil therapy is ideal if one is feeling a little achy after a workout. So turn the heat up, and enjoy!

3. Burns Calories - Saunas are like mini workouts and can help burn extra calories. The act of sweating alone is enough to get the heart rate up and can help in this department. Sauna bathing on top of vigorous exercise, good sleep, and a wonderful diet full of fresh whole foods is ideal for weight loss.

4. Better Sleep -  Saunas also stimulate the release of endorphins, just like a workout. Which at the end of the day helps to promote a deep sleep.

5. Beautifies Skin - Saunas make the skin look amazing, and this beautiful glow can specifically be achieved with hot and cold therapy. Not only is this the real secret to youthful skin, but the hot and cold therapy is also great for the arteries because it gets the blood pumping back and forth quickly. Just stay in the sauna for 10-15 minutes to work up a good sweat, and then jump in a cold shower, pool, or lake for another 10-15 minutes. This works wonders for the body, stimulates the immune system, and leaves the skin glowing!

So next time you have the opportunity to go, definitely take advantage of it. 
Rest, relax, and get your sauna on!

♡ Claudia

6 comments:

  1. I need to go back to typing school!! Why do think is hard for me to breathe in saunas? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! No worries at all hun. Do you have asthma, or issues with breathing overall? Perhaps turn down the heat a bit until you find it comfortable. It might be a nocebo as well, if you're telling yourself that you can't breathe. :(
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  2. Oh no. I am a nerd, but no asthma thank goodness. No Sweetie, I pretty much feel like I'm going to die in there. +_+ LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, that's good. Don't say things like that. :( Please. I care!
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. Oh Sweetie, I apologize. I was just describing how it feels when I'm in a sauna. Literally it feels that way. And I dislike that suffocating feeling. Besides, you know that the feeling of bing in an oven is not that great for me. Heeheehee.

      Here is a special good morning hug for you! ♥

      Delete
    3. It's all right. Thank you hun.
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle