Tuesday, July 9

Look of the Month :: Summer 2013 :: July

Argh Mateys! It be thee 10th Anniversary of the release date of one of me favorite movies of all time: Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

In honor of that, this fun summer digital face chart is based specifically off of Keira Knightley's look from the movie when she's running around with Jack Sparrow in her white undergarments. I researched what Ve Neill (my favorite makeup artist by the way) did for this look, and surprisingly it wasn't much at all. Keira's just so pretty that she's barely wearing any makeup! Here's what she wore in the film:


Sunscreen
Various sunscreens were used to protect the skin, such as Dermalogica Solar
Defense Booster, Peter Thomas Roth, Skinceuticals, and DDF Therapeutic Skincare.

Concealer
Kryolan Dermacolor was used sparingly around the eyes and very rarely for any blemishes.

Eyes
Although it looks like eye makeup was used, they're just natural shadows.
There's no color on the eyes.

Lashes
Curled, and no mascara.

Cheeks & Lips
Benefit Benetint Lip Balm was used not only on the lips, but on the cheeks because
of the creamy consistency and the natural color it gave to the cheeks. However, most
of the time Ve would just pinch Keira's cheeks before the camera started to roll.


So that's pretty much the same look that I recreated as well, with the addiction of a little extra contouring on the cheekbones for that killer Keira bone structure and switching out the sunscreen for the natural coconut oil option. This look's so simple too, and it's perfect for a hot summer's day out at the beach. So get adventurous everyone, and remember: A pirate's life for us! 

The current look is:
J U L Y  2 0 1 3


Color inspiration:
Rosy pink, nude, champagne, white, and silver

Current motivation for the look:
 Elizabeth Swann


Previous Looks this Year:

J A N U A R Y  2 0 1 3

F E B R U A R Y  2 0 1 3

M A R C H  2 0 1 3

A P R I L  2 0 1 3

M A Y  2 0 1 3

J U N E  2 0 1 3

Please feel free to express yourself as well! Share links, tips, or any other suggestions in the comments. I would love to hear from you.

 xoxo,
~Claudia

12 comments:

  1. U posting this already!? I thought u post it toward the end of every month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! No, if anything I try to post them at the beginning of the month so that if people what to wear the makeup it's current. Besides, this one's special for today because the movie came out on July 9th, ten years ago. :)
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. I see. So what's your summer gonna be like?

      Delete
    3. Full of awesome! :D Lots of walking, being outdoors, fresh summer fruit, friends, family, and perhaps a bit of travel. How about you?
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    4. Same with u plus I've been to six flags last month as well as watch fireworks with mom for the 4th of July and I might get a new job after I did an interview with criterion cinema last week!!

      Delete
    5. Oh awesome Matt! I love Six Flags. Those are good fun. :D Glad to hear that you got to spend the holiday with your mom. That's nice.

      I wish you well with your new job opportunity.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    6. It really is. I haven't been to six flags in like 2 years and I really enjoyed it a lot.

      Delete
    7. Oh awesome. Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    8. Indeed and a great way to lower stress and increase happiness.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, it's already been 10 years? I'm feeling a bit older now, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know right! Time sure does fly. :D
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle