Wednesday, July 17

Diet for a New America

A few weeks back my friend Lucian sent me info about a great book titled, Diet for a New America. I read the preview on Amazon, and I definitely want to find this one at the library. From the surprisingly long book preview, I was truly inspired from the information despite the fact that it was published in the late 80's. For you see, I'm truly on the cusp of becoming a raw foodist. I've studied health and happiness passionately now for five years, and I'm still working on my food choices. Perhaps this book will be just what I need.

On a daily basis I maintain a low-fat vegan lifestyle. I typically eat two raw-food meals a day, and then the third contains something cooked. Typically corn, brown rice, or beans. So that's not terrible, but not optimal as well. My real issue with food is on holidays, vacations, and birthdays, because I don't maintain this lifestyle all of the time. It's completely physiological too, because sometimes these processed foods don't even taste so good. I definitely recognize the link between happiness and food. The problem, besides the ethical and eco issues, is that I get sick when I don't eat well. It's not a nocebo either, because I don't feel guilty at the time and I enjoy these moments, but my body doesn't care. It's so clean and efficient now that when I "treat" myself I end up sick in bed, or covered in spots. Neither is very much fun. So the past years I have been sick on the holidays, vacations, and birthdays! That's not a great way to spend those days.

I say this to encourage others, because this seven year experiment of mine is conclusive. Raw plants are optimal, and cooked/animal foods are not. Most of us have plenty of fresh food available to us daily, so survival is not a problem. We can choose the best food for a long healthy life.

Lastly, I close with this video on the topic:

Also, the creator has a website:


Happy movie watching.
~Claudia

8 comments:

  1. But, but, but I love my cow flesh... =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, honey, but cow flesh doesn't love you. :(
      <3 Claudia

      Delete
  2. LOL. Specially the other day I had a hamburger at Dairy Queen. It was like cats dogs inside my poor stomach. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! :( Yeah, that will do it.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  3. Seriously though. I need to start taking better care of myself. My diet is anything but exemplar. But is so hard. Specially, now that Twinkies have returned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have just the post for you then: http://claudiasutton.blogspot.com/2013/03/living-healthy-lifestyle-tips-on-how-to.html

      Perhaps it will help. :3
      Also, I always have the One on One sessions if you need a personal coach/trainer: http://claudiasutton.blogspot.com/p/one-on-one-with-claudia.html

      <3 Claudia

      Delete
  4. You have so many interesting classes. I will get more information about them soon. I would love to start with art ones and benefit from your expertise. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much hun. Yeah, we'd rock it for sure. You know where to find me!
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle