Bragg Organic Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar - $6.99
Apple cider vinegar is one of those things I can't live without. It has so many uses and is great because it offers a natural approach to a lot of cosmetic, cleaning, and culinary needs. ACV, for short, is made from apple cider or apple must and takes about seven months to ferment into vinegar. Now this isn't a cure-all for internal uses, and should definitely be taken in moderation. Although, if it's used properly it's absolutely wonderful!
So here's some awesome ways to use the vinegar. I love that you can do so much with it and you don't need to own multiple products. It's a natural all-in-one solution to a lot of problems.
Apple Cider Vinegar Uses
1. A morning pick me up - Just add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a tall glass of water or morning homemade breakfast juice for a great jump start to any day. This will reduce toxins from glands, rev up the metabolism, and give one extra energy.
2. Hair clarifier - I swear by this and use it every month to clean my hair. It works even for bright dyed colors and I've found that it doesn't disturb the color anymore than water. Add a 1/8 cup for dyed hair or a 1/4 cup for natural hair to a cup of warm water and use it in the shower to add shine back to hair.
3. Ease itching - Gently pat a rash with an apple cider vinegar soaked cotton ball. It will help relieve insect bites, poison ivy/oak, and rashes.
4. Mole Removal - This is the only one I haven't tried personally, but I've found that moles can be removed using apple cider vinegar. Do your research and make the best judgement for yourself.
5. Salad Dressing - I make a mean homemade salad dressing with raw honey, mustard, garlic, thyme, dill, parsley, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil. Have fun and get creative!
6. Natural house cleaning - Apple cider vinegar can be used as a substitute for white vinegar to make an awesome homemade surface cleaner. Add a 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water, put it in a spray bottle, and use it on floors, counter tops, dishes, sinks, and windows.
7. Disinfect cutting boards - Use apple cider vinegar to sterilize cutting boards naturally. Especially wooden ones, because soap can degrade and weaken the surface over time.
8. Steam clean the microwave - Fill a small glass bowl with a cup of water and a 1/4 cup of vinegar, then microwave it for 5 minutes. Once it's done the mist will have loosened the food stains and the warm solution can be used to wipe off the walls of the microwave.
9. Clear a slow drain - Pour a 1/4 cup of baking soda into the drain and then add a cup of apple cider vinegar. Once the drain stops fizzing, rinse it with hot water, and use a plunger to naturally get rid of the clog.
10. Polish up brickwork - If the bricks around the fireplace are looking a bit dusty, use a cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with a gallon of warm water to clean the area so that the bricks look shiny and new.
So there you have it. Apple cider vinegar is just so useful. Give it a try today.