Thursday, May 30

Trying Durian for the First Time

My Very First Monthong Durian

One of my New Year's Resolutions this year was to finally try a durian for the first time, and that I did. I got it frozen at an Asian market, because they tend to be a little stinky if they're not. When thawed out, they have a pungent rotten fruit smell. It wasn't that bad though because I was prepared for the worst. I thought that it was going to be much more unbearable than it was because of the big fuss that everyone was making about them. Sure, the smell is not pleasant, but it's not terrible either.

The reason they're smelly is because of the sulfur in them, which is a beauty element. Sulfur is amazing for the skin because it stimulants healing and collagen formation.

Once again, I want to feature one of Markus Rothkranz's videos.
He does such a great job explaining why durian is such an awesome plant.


So I basically prepared mine the same way, except for without the coconut water and I also ended up putting a lot of it in my morning blended juice. Another great way to eat it is to put it in the freezer for a while so that it hardens into an ice cream consistency, and that also stops the smell once again. This is yummy, and works out great for the spring or summer time when one's craving a cold treat. Definitely pick one up if you haven't tried it yet. It takes a bit of getting use to if it's your first time, but it's totally worth it.

Cheers and happy living.
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle