Monday, April 15

Paying Off Student Loan Debt is a Priority

Debt is no fun at all and it's something that I'm sure most of us struggle with. It doesn't have to be that way though, and throughout the years I've come to realize that. How can it be that simple? Well, there's a wise old saying that comes to mind, "Don't spend money that you don't have."

That's something that I apply to everything now. If I don't have the funds, I can simply live without it. Being a minimalist is awesome too, because being happy with the simple things in life is so rewarding. I've been living like this for ages it seems, but am still paying off debt from years past.

Going to a big university with amazing teachers in a large marvelous city was all I wanted at the time. It cost so much, and I paid the price. That's why I'm wary about giving young aspiring college-goers advice. Sure it was the experience of a lifetime, I would never trade it in for the world, but six-figure loan debt is a huge deal. For a lot of people, that kind of debt is just as life changing as the university experience. It's a heavy burden and can cause a lot of stress. Of course how one deals with stress is all a matter of choice, but back then I didn't know how to calm myself when faced with such issues.

So this year I'm going to really start focusing on it again. I'm inspired to do a lot of research about debt, money making, minimalism, etc. I also put a percentage of my progress here on the sidebar so that I can track my growth. Maybe it will inspire others in someway, or encourage me to keep going one dollar at a time.

It's been seven years now that I've been in debt, and it feels way too long. Perhaps this will be my lucky year, and it's time to get rid of it once and for all. From now on, I live by the quote mentioned above.

Cheers, and here's to being debt free. Check back for more finance-themed posts.
I'll definitely be focusing on that more.
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle