Friday, March 8

Will This Glass Help in the Future?

This video was brought to my attention recently by a dear friend and it made me think about the possibilities that the future will bring.


First, watch the video here:

The way that I see it is that this glass has the potential to reduce plastic consumption and perhaps minimize e-waste. Which is a huge global problem that's interestingly enough caused by wealthy first-world countries. Our idea of 'recycling' is shipping old electronics off to China, India, and Africa to be salvaged by the locals for pennies a day. Which also, of course, causes sickness to most exposed to the dumps.

This is why my cell phone is seven years old. An upgrade isn't worth it to me.

I'm a huge fan of the streamlined, minimalistic design of the engineered glass. It's incredibly beautiful, so I welcome such a change from an aesthetic point of view, but what about the more important factors? The other question that comes to mind is if it's a greener solution to these problems, is this glass easily recyclable? What are the costs? Every product has one; not just monetarily, but environmentally.

I encourage you to share your thoughts. What do you think about this matter?
~Claudia

6 comments:

  1. Hope to see this while I'm still alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we will. :)
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. I think so too. Let's hope for the best. If r able to buy some of it.

      Delete
    3. Indeed. Perhaps it will be affordable one day.
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle