Wednesday, January 9

San Francisco Bay Area Continues to Ban Plastic Bags

Sure it's a step in the right direction, but why does it take a ban on using one-use plastic bags to get people to stop using them? Why wouldn't one make that choice by themselves? Well, I guess it's one for the team because all retailers in my area, including the farmer's markets, have stopped supplying plastic bags for people and some even charge for paper bags. Hurrah! I'm so happy about that because it's going to force a change. Old habits will die hard though for some out there.

Switching to cloth or hemp reusable bags is a pretty easy, even though it might take a few weeks to readjust to it. I've been doing it for years now, and even reuse plastic bags by washing them when I need them each week for the market. This makes them last for years and it feels great to be eco friendly.

It's never too late to stop using one-use plastic bags, and make the wise choice to switch. Who knows, maybe the ban will be country wide soon. No matter what, it's time for a change.

Cheers and here's to happy, healthy living.
~Claudia

8 comments:

  1. That is why I bring my own baggies/backpack when I visit my favorite city in the world. Oh, and San Jose too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so awesome! :D Yes, San Jose is great too. I forget, did you go to Fanime this year?
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. No, because I had just gone to BigWow Comicfest the week before. I would have attended Fanime instead, so hopefully next year. It seemed like a lot of fun!

      Delete
    3. That's right! Okay, that's what I remembered I just wanted to make sure. It is good fun, but to be honest because of the construction this year it wouldn't have been a good first impression for you. Everything happens for a reason, and perhaps it will be better next year anyway. :3
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    4. Aww, I would have liked it even with the construction. I was looking at video and pictures and I loved it. I need to be there next year. I'm going to Kintoki Con this weekend. I'm so looking forward to the event. I will let you know how it was. I'm positive it will be fun and entertaining! >_<

      Delete
    5. I'm sure you'll love it then. :D
      Awesome! You're probably there now then. Have fun!
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    6. It was ok, but nothing to write home about. Can we fast forward to Fanime? :D

      Delete
    7. Aww, well, it's still good to get out. :) Believe me, Fanime will be here before you know it. It always sneaks up like that.
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle