Monday, November 5

Purge Sugar from the Body with Loquat Leaf Tea

Oh my! I ate way too much Halloween candy this season and I feel like crap. It's like clockwork, every holiday I binge on sweet, salty, or fatty treats and I see and feel the repercussions the following weeks. So now it's detox time, and my family came to the rescue by giving me some loquat leaves.

Have you ever heard of Loquat Leaf Tea? Well I hadn't until recently. It's from a wonderful Asian fruit tree that's been used for thousands of years for various remedies. The glossy oval leaves are dried when green (the plants potency is best preserve when green), and used to make a powerful tea.

Dried Loquat Leaves 

Five Leaves Broken Up in a Saucepan

Hot Loquat Leaf Tea

All one does is break off five leaves (I was fortunate to be given my leaves dried), and simmer them in filtered water, covered with a lid, for 15 minutes. That's it! Then the wonderful healing tea is ready and can be served hot or cold. I love the taste, and it reminds me a bit of black tea. This golden medicinal brew is great for purging the body of sugar and is even recognized by the Chinese government as an anti-diabetic. So this is perfect for a candy addict such as myself. The tea also helps dissolve thick mucus and phlegm, regulates blood pressure, soothes indigestion, diarrhea, and upset stomach. 

I'm starting to feel much better already. Thank goodness for nature's medicine, 
and perhaps next year I'll do better with the holiday goody cravings.

Love Claudia xx

4 comments:

  1. That sounds amazing. I want some now. ^_^
    Where might I find these?

    <3
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderfully tasty too. I'm out of leaves already. :(

    I was lucky because they were given to me. A family friend has a tree. So they were collected and dried recently. Supposedly they're grown where you are too.

    <3 Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd probably use any that I had very quickly, also. Yay for gifts! :3
    Oh yeah? I hope so!

    <3
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, for sure. XD
    Yeah, I looked it up for you. Apparently they're grown there too. Now you just have to find one! Heehee.

    <3 Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle