Tuesday, October 9

How To Fix A KitchenAid Blender Coupling

So my precious blender died on me recently and I was sad because I was in the middle of making breakfast (that juice didn't turn out so good). My drive coupling had been wearing out on me for the past couple of months, but I ignored it because I didn't think it would be a problem anytime soon.

Oh the madness! There was black everywhere.

Well it was, and when I turned on the blender that morning I heard a weird noise and turned it off immediately. I found that the coupling prongs were completely sawed off, therefore being too short to work. I was devastated because I can't live without my blender, so I got on Amazon right away to order a replacement part.

Surprisingly, despite the lengthy delivery estimate, it came very quickly within a few days and I wasted no time getting my blender back into action.

KitchenAid Blender Coupling 9704230 and a large flat screwdriver.

It was a pretty simple process. All one needs is the new coupling and a large flat screwdriver. This video here was helpful as well and I watched it a few times before attempting my repairs:

Video Tutorial

 Finally! It took me about 10 minutes to get that thing off.

  Good as new!

So all one does is pries the old coupling off by placing the screwdriver in between the metal plate and the old coupling, then raise up on it while turning. This is hard though! It requires a lot of strength because the metal on the bottom of the old coupling has to be bent out of shape for it to come off. I finally did it, but as one can see, I kinda nicked the white part of the blender a bit on the right side. I was not pleased with that, so to avoid doing the same thing, just try to keep the screwdriver on only the metal part underneath the coupling. It seems like it's inevitable for the metal to get marked up, but it's okay because after all the metal scrapes are cleared away (clean the threads too), the new coupling just screws right on and hides the imperfections.

So that pretty much did it. I'm back to blending juice, life is good, and it's not giving me anymore problems. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and happy blending!

~Claudia

2 comments:


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle