Tuesday, August 21

Why Dairy Is Bad For You

We humans are not meant to drink the breast milk of any other animal. It cause so much harm to us. Their milk was meant for them; our milk was meant for us. Not only that, but it was meant for infants. That is why teens and adults can get really sick from dairy. The body just doesn't know what's going on. Read this; here is one of my favorite excerpts from Skinny Bitch (this entire book is a must read by the way):

"When a woman gives birth, her body produces milk and she nurses her child. Breast milk can grow an 8-pound newborn into a 24-pound toddler. Sounds pretty fattening, huh? It is. By design, it is intended to allow for the biggest growth spurt of a person’s entire life. Breast milk alone can accommodate for a 300 percent weight gain in a 12 month period. When her child is anywhere from 12 to 24 months old, a mother stops breast feeding. Her milk dries up. The child will never drink breast milk ever again.

Cows, like all mammals, are much the same. Their bodies produce milk only when they give birth. Contrary to popular belief, they do not need to be milked – ever. Their udders, like women’s breasts, exist even when there is no milk in them. There is one major difference, however. Cows’ milk, by design, grows a 90-pound calf into a 2,000-pound cow over the course of 2 years. It allows calves to double their birth weight in forty-seven days and leaves their four stomachs feeling full. Sounds even more fattening than human milk, right? It is. It should be. Cows are bigger than humans. And the inner workings of their bodies are completely different than ours, which they should be. They are cows. We are humans. Duh."
- Skinny Bitch

So there you have it. There is no reason at all to consume dairy (organic doesn't matter either). This includes: Milk, butter, cheese, yogurt, and ice cream. Do not eat them (unless it's your birthday and you want a cake; that's my weakness and I'm trying my best to get over it). I'm also reminded of The China Study, which is another great read and is mentioned in Forks Over Knives, that talks about how the consumption of animal products (meat, eggs, and dairy) makes our bodies too acidic and is linked to disease. In a nutshell, the people that ate it were sick with all sorts of things like cancer, heart disease, high cholesterol, obesity, brain diseases, osteoporosis, eye diseases, diabetes, etc.

"So where do I get my calcium from?" Dairy is one of the worst ways to get proper calcium, and that lie is  perpetuated by a billion-dollar industry trying to sell their product. Organic leafy greens and other plant sources are the way to go. That's what nature intended; even the cows and goats get their calcium from the greens they eat. Wonderful foods like kale, spinach, lettuce, collards, dill, rhubarb, broccoli, Swiss chard, sea vegetables, nuts, and seeds all have calcium that the body can easily absorb. Acidic dairy actually pulls calcium from the bones and makes them weak and brittle causing osteoporosis and other bone related diseases.

"What do I do about my morning cereal?" Well, stop eating it. I know it's hard because I was raised on cereal myself. It's pretty comforting and addicting, but I don't miss it at all. There's nothing better than starting the morning off right than with a big bowl of diary, wheat/rice, chemicals, and sugar. My recommendation is to go cold turkey and juice/blend juice in the mornings. Make it fresh, with organic seasonal produce. Right now for breakfast I'm blending carrot juice, water, chia seeds, cassia cinnamon, turmeric, dill, garlic from the clove, mushroom, watermelon with the seeds and rinds, and dandelion. I also have one organic brown egg every now and then with the blended juice (just make less juice that day), maybe 3 times a week. Of course there is a lot of debate about eggs, but I've found that it's a decent transitional food. Again, if you're feeling super awesome, just stick with the juice/blended juice. One can't go wrong with that.

Cheers and here's to happy, healthy living!
♡ Claudia

10 comments:

  1. You can always go for Almond milk, as long as you are not allergic to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan,
    Yes! :D That's my favorite milk too. It's super easy to make fresh from home with the blender as well. I plan on making a video on that this winter.

    <3 Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting... U know I don't know what to say... All this time I thought milk was good for you until you post this saying it really isn't. I thought that the only way to make milk bad for u is agriculture by Monsanto's ridiculous hormone injections but if u say it's naturally bad for u, I think I might cut back on it as well with some suggestions from ya. At least I get the mil without fat which made me somewhat safe. So what exactly are your opinions about Monsanto?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I completely understand. I was pretty surprised too the first time I learned about it. I suggest almond milk. When I was transitioning, I did a 1/4 almond milk and 3/4 cow's milk. Then half and half, then 3/4 almond, then completely almond milk until I was off the dairy. I do however recommend making almond milk from home or being very cautious about reading the ingredients.

    Also, I was told (and have researched this myself) by my holistic doctor that slim milk is actually worst than whole milk because of the way the body breaks down the fat. It actually does it better with the whole milk! But again, I don't bother too much with that anymore because no dairy is best.

    Yes, I'm aware of Monsanto.
    <3 Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I can't have almond milk sadly cause of my nut allergy. So what milk should I drink now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! I forgot. I thought it was only peanuts. Wow, that's tough, perhaps rice milk? But that's a grain too. :( To be honest I don't use milk too often at all these days because I don't really cook (I eat raw) and I don't eat cereal because it's processed and is most likely made from grains. So it seems like it would be best just to stop. What is it that you would use milk for?

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. To bake I guess? and I never really had rice milk before. How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coconut milk might be even better for baking. Definitely better than rice milk, but I've never used coconut milk for baking, only rice.
    Rice milk is good, but not preferred because it's a grain. It does take time to get use to though. I remember I didn't like it right away.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so is it good for me to drink as well?

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you like. That's all up to you and what you enjoy. I'm a water and tea girl myself. :)

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle