Coconut Oil is my new love. Not only does it smell absolutely positively fantastic, but it's great for cooking and beauty needs. Coconut is one of the healthiest fats that one can consume, which helps rid and clean the body of bad fats and oils. It contains plenty of iron, vitamin K, and vitamin E which is awesome! I've been using it for cooking as well, saving my olive oil for raw foods. Coconut oil doesn't degrade when heated like other oils and its stability is ideal for high temperatures. I do all of my cooking with this oil now.
So here's some awesome ways to use the oil. I love that you can do so much with it and you don't need to own multiple products. It's a natural all-in-one solution to a lot of problems.
Coconut Oil Uses
1. Weight loss - Using this oil helps the body rid itself of excess weight. It increase one's metabolism, is easy for the body to digest, helps the thyroid function properly, and contains fatty acids that help burn fat.
2. For dry skin - It's amazing, and can be used like a lotion. It melts right into the skin and leaves a dreamy aroma behind. I use this after being in the sun if I need a little extra moisture.
3. A lip balm - Just rub it onto dry lips. The oil is super moisturizing, helps plump lips, is full of vitamins, and tastes fantastic. It's the main ingredient it my homemade lip balm.
4. Hair care - After showering gently work a tiny bit into the ends of hair. The oil will leave hair beautiful and shiny, because it's one of the only oils that penetrates the hair to help fight protein damage. It combats dry scalp and dandruff as well if massaged into the roots. I also use it in my homemade hairspray.
5. Used to make deodorant - This oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties which makes it an ideal ingredient in my natural homemade deodorant. There's nothing better than smelling like coconut!
6. Stress relief - It can be used as an aromatherapy if massaged onto the temples and forehead. The soothing scent combined with the circular motions of the massage can help with headaches as well.
7. Sunscreen - It's been used as a natural sunscreen for generations by islanders, and works by preventing free-radical reactions without affecting vitamin D formation.
8. For wounds, cuts, and bruises - Coconut oil is antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial. It repairs skin by promoting the formation of new tissue and creates a barrier for the wound to heal.
9. Massage oil - There is nothing more sensual and intoxicating than lovely coconut. Give a massage, get a massage. Right!
10. Cooking - It's one of the best oils to cook with, not only for it's wonderful flavor, but because of its many health benefits; specifically for the bones, heart, liver, kidneys, and the immune system. I use it to cook my eggs, veggies, and homemade popcorn.
Who knew that coconut oil could be used for so many different things.