Friday, July 6

Coconut Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It

Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil  - $5.99

Coconut Oil is my new love. Not only does it smell absolutely positively fantastic, but it's great for cooking and beauty needs. Coconut is one of the healthiest fats that one can consume, which helps rid and clean the body of bad fats and oils. It contains plenty of iron, vitamin K, and vitamin E which is awesome! I've been using it for cooking as well, saving my olive oil for raw foods. Coconut oil doesn't degrade when heated like other oils and its stability is ideal for high temperatures. I do all of my cooking with this oil now. 

So here's some awesome ways to use the oil. I love that you can do so much with it and you don't need to own multiple products. It's a natural all-in-one solution to a lot of problems.


Coconut Oil Uses

1. Weight loss - Using this oil helps the body rid itself of excess weight. It increase one's metabolism, is easy for the body to digest, helps the thyroid function properly, and contains fatty acids that help burn fat. 

2. For dry skin - It's amazing, and can be used like a lotion. It melts right into the skin and leaves a dreamy aroma behind. I use this after being in the sun if I need a little extra moisture. 

3. A lip balm - Just rub it onto dry lips. The oil is super moisturizing, helps plump lips, is full of vitamins, and tastes fantastic. It's the main ingredient it my homemade lip balm

4. Hair care  - After showering gently work a tiny bit into the ends of hair. The oil will leave hair beautiful and shiny, because it's one of the only oils that penetrates the hair to help fight protein damage. It combats dry scalp and dandruff as well if massaged into the roots. I also use it in my homemade hairspray

5. Used to make deodorant - This oil has antibacterial and antifungal properties which makes it an ideal ingredient in my natural homemade deodorant. There's nothing better than smelling like coconut!  

6. Stress relief - It can be used as an aromatherapy if massaged onto the temples and forehead. The soothing scent combined with the circular motions of the massage can help with headaches as well.

7. Sunscreen -  It's been used as a natural sunscreen for generations by islanders, and works by preventing free-radical reactions without affecting vitamin D formation.

8. For wounds, cuts, and bruises - Coconut oil is antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial. It repairs skin by promoting the formation of new tissue and creates a barrier for the wound to heal.

9. Massage oil - There is nothing more sensual and intoxicating than lovely coconut. Give a massage, get a massage. Right!

10. Cooking - It's one of the best oils to cook with, not only for it's wonderful flavor, but because of its many health benefits; specifically for the bones, heart, liver, kidneys, and the immune system. I use it to cook my eggs, veggies, and homemade popcorn.

Who knew that coconut oil could be used for so many different things.

Cheers,
~Claudia

15 comments:

  1. Amazing, guess I'll get that from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! Yeah, it's pretty awesome. :D
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly is. So what dishes have u made using it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice when the list of benefits hits double digits. :D
    I'll definitely have to try to find some. It's just so unusual anymore to find one thing that does so much, but I suppose that's part of the problem with so many companies falling into profiteering by trying to force people to buy many different products, when natural remedies like this never cease to be incredibly simple and versatile.

    Thanks for this, Claudia.

    <3
    Druid Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matt: My morning eggs and popcorn for dinner. :) I don't cook too much these days because I prefer raw.

    Aaron: Yes! One little bottle is all that someone needs. :) It's great for traveling too because then one can just put a little into a travel 3oz container and be set! :D Versatile multitasking products are the best for that, then one isn't weighed down with stuff.

    Of course! No problem at all.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can think of another use that goes along with #9, which I discovered back in 2007 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're thinking what I'm thinking, then yes, oh boy, lol :) And eventually I do plan on using it that way again :D

    The other uses are pretty cool too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Indeed. That's awesome. One learns something new every day! XD heehee

    Also, it's great to hear from you again. Hope you're enjoying your summer.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it appears we were thinking the same thing, lol.

    I am having a good summer, thanks! I have my kiddos for the whole month and we're having a good time :)

    How's your summer going? Is your foot healed to the point you can move around unaided? I'd hate to see you cooped up at home :/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes! I believe we were.

    That's wonderful to hear Ninja Andrew. Have any cool trips planned since they're on summer vacation?


    My summer's been good thank you. I wish to go outside soon! Yes, one toe is doing awesome. The other's a little behind though. So I've been able to get around the house okay, but no long distances. Soon though! I can't wait to walk again. :D

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Money is a little tight at the moment so no big trips, but we are still having fun :)

    However, my middle and ring fingers got pinched under a manhole cover so that will limit some of the things I can do while they heal. Don't worry, thank God it just broke the skin and caused some swelling and bruising, and other than that I'm fine :)

    I'm glad to hear that your able to get around the house better and I'm sure the rest of your toes will get with the program and get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear you about that. :P That's good though, I'm glad.

    Oh my! You poor dear. I'm glad to hear that you're okay for the most part, but again, that must have really hurt. I wish you a quick recovery! --{@

    Yes, thank you. I'm doing much better. So now I'll have to do a blog post about how to deal with broken toes. XD

    <3 Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle