Tuesday, May 8

Stanford Taiko: Home Again Concert

I was quite thrilled to see how many students rode bikes.

Over the weekend I had the pleasure of going to Stanford University for the very first time. It was a beautiful day and it was great to finally see the campus. It looked like something out a college film, and made me reminisce about my own university days. Also, it was a nice relaxing trip. Which was something that I needed, because I've been taking it easy ever since the water fast and just enjoying life.

I was invited because a friend of mine was a part of Stanford Taiko, so they were having their springtime concert and all of the alumni were called back after 20 years. I must say that the performance was absolutely brilliant! I had never been to an indoor taiko concert before, only outdoors, and it was quite different. First off, one can feel the powerful drums in your soul. They just resonate with the audience, and being seated in a chair feeling the bass is different than being outside. It sure was a night to remember.

This auditorium is known for it's amazing acoustics.

Then my friends and I were all invited to the after party, which was good fun of course. It was nice to see all of the performers get together and have a good time. I respect them very much because of the great show that they put on. It must have taken a lot of time, hard work, and effort. Some of the low stances that they had to keep while performing were very impressive. That, and the arm strength for drumming itself. It seems like it would have been a fun pastime to get involved in between classes.

Everyone had a good time.
 
Has anyone ever been to a Taiko concert before?

Cheers,
~Claudia

6 comments:

  1. That looked amazing and no I have not been but I would try to someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt. Yeah, it's worth it and very enjoyable. :)

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. No prob. Do u know if they filmed movies at Stanford University?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really sure. Even if the University was mentioned in a film, they most likely would shoot on another location that looked like it. That's typically what happens.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you enjoyed the concert Claudia. . .I can give you and Alvin a more extensive tour of the campus some other time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, very much so. Thank you again for inviting us along. I would love that!

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle