Thursday, May 3

Look of the Month :: Spring 2012 :: May

Recently I have learned a lot about myself because of my first successful water fast. It was such a wonderful thing, and now I'm motivated to clean up my life in other ways. That of course starts with my makeup kit. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, and have even begun to use up products that I don't plan on repurchasing again. It goes hand in hand with my spring cleaning as well. As a minimalist, I love to have a clean open-spaced home with little to no clutter. So it's time to weed out the makeup collection.

Now, I do not condone throwing things away. If one feels the need to get rid of something right away then just give it to a friend or family member that might enjoy it. But for me I don't mind using them up myself. I will be ridding myself of some products that are old, not cruelty-free, filled with chemicals, not a good match for me, or that I have doubles of. So this look is created with those products, and it still stays on trend for the season. Nudes are huge this spring, especially a nude lip. Italian fashion is also taking the world by storm and we are seeing a lot of 1950's influences. Have fun! It's springtime!

The current look is:
M A Y  2 0 1 2


Color trends for this month:
Lemon yellow, tangerine, mint green, white, and pale gold

Current motivation for the look:
Detoxification, minimalism, and balance


Previous Looks this Year:

J A N U A R Y  2 0 1 2

F E B R U A R Y  2 0 1 2

M A R C H  2 0 1 2

A P R I L  2 0 1 2

Please feel free to express yourself as well! Share links, tips, or any other suggestions in the comments. I would love to hear from you.

 xoxo,
~Claudia

2 comments:

  1. Being a minimalist rocks hard core. Okay maybe not hard core but it's been a great way to live for me and my wife. Little bit by little bit we've been tossing out the clutter and excess that we've accumulated over the years.

    Oh btw, did you see the video of the girl who makes all her own makeup? Its supposed to be all organic stuff and she looked pretty good. If I can find the link I'll send it to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, indeed it does. :) That's awesome that you both are too.

    Yes! Is this the one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH0JVtdyUmI

    I definitely want to try using berries for stains. That's so neat.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle