Friday, May 4

Eyes Wide Open

 "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated."  - Confucius

This song has been bringing me to tears recently. It just came at a good time for me, like one of those light-bulb moments in life. I want to be a better person and will take my life to the next level. Making better choices not only for myself, but that regard others and the planet. As surprising as it may seem to some, minimalism in all aspects of my life brings me so much joy. And I've found that "simple" is usually best.

Watch the video here, it's just beautiful:

"Eyes Wide Open"

With our eyes wide open, we...
With our eyes wide open, we...

So this is the end of the story,
Everything we had, everything we did,
Is buried in dust,
And this dust is all that's left of us.
But only a few ever worried.

Well the signs were clear, they had no idea.
You just get used to living in fear,
Or give up when you can't even picture your future.

We walk the plank with our eyes wide open.

We walk the plank with our eyes wide open, we...
(Walk the plank with our eyes wide open, we...)
Yeah, we walk the plank with our eyes wide open, we...
(Walk the plank with our eyes wide open.)

Some people offered up answers.
We made out like we heard, they were only words.
They didn't add up to a change in the way we were living,
And the saddest thing is all of it could have been avoided.

But it was like to stop consuming's to stop being human,
You'll want to make a change if you won't.
We're all in the same boat, staying afloat for the moment.

We walk the plank with our eyes wide open, we...
(Walk the plank with our eyes wide open, we...)
Yeah we walk the plank with our eyes wide open, we...
(Walk the plank with our eyes wide open.)
We walk the plank with our eyes wide open,
We walk the plank with our eyes wide open,
We walk the plank with our eyes wide open, we...

With our eyes wide open, we walk the plank, we walk the plank.
With our eyes wide open, we walk the plank, we walk the plank, we walk the plank.
With our eyes wide open, we walk the plank, we walk the plank.

That was the end of the story.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying gotye! Really great music! As to your insight.... I am so proud that you have found understanding and acceptance of true minimalism. It is far greater to exude this passion of giving and wanting to help/contribute to humanity and to sacrifice sooo much more than you already do... ( sometimes I feel you sacrifice too much for us). I dunno if it's good or bad for you. But at least you feel it. That is something else. Something that drives us to endeavor more than we should. Step into the next level Claudia. Wake up your mind and smile in the joy the you finally understand what humanity, truly living, is all about. You are a rare human being beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw... I have a huge project I'm undertaking.... I'll be posting images on deviant after I present my work. However, as my work involves you I will be postponing any deviation until said project is realized by you. You always love a good riddle right? I hope so...

    - Link

    ReplyDelete
  3. Link Hi!
    Oh yes indeed. The music I listen to influences my art sometimes too. :) I love painting to music.

    Wow, thank you! Yes, I think about these things when I buy something: How was it made? Did it hurt people, animals, or the environment? Is it toxic in anyway? Do I really need this? How long will it last? What happens when I give it away or throw it away?

    I believe that you reap what you sow. I give, and in return I receive. Sometimes it doesn't work out, but the positive definitely outweighs the bad.

    Aww! Thank you again. See, that's why I do it right, for comments like that. :) You are wonderful! You made my night.

    A project? Oh? How wonderful. I can't wait to see.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle