Monday, April 30

Water Fast Day 6

 "Fasting is not a cure. It is a process that may facilitate the body's own healing mechanisms. It is a gift to an overburdened body. It can be extremely effective at creating an internal environment where the body can do what it does best - cleanse and heal itself." - TrueNorth Health

So I wanted to share something amazing with you all today, because I'm totally shocked about it as well. Unfortunately, I've had a pesky spider vein on my outer upper thigh since high school. It's always been a pinkish purple color and is right where the leg meets the end of a chair. No coincidence right, because it's from all the sitting that I do. Creating art, video games, computer usage, classes, etc. which I'm sure have all been hard on that little vein. I would never ever considered having surgery to get it removed because a family member once told me that her friend went in to get some spider veins removed for health and cosmetic reasons, and eventually the doctors had to amputate her leg because they messed up so badly and she didn't react well to the surgery. That is terribly sad. Always heal, never cut away, that's my philosophy.

So I started getting acupuncture done on it, which helped quite a bit, but it was something that took several treatments and the vein would always return to it's normal dark color after awhile. Supposedly if one has enough acupuncture treatments on the vein it will heal itself and get use to pumping fresh clean blood. That's why it's important to get all of the stagnate blood out so that the vein can continue working properly.

Well, I noticed when I was bathing that my vein is healing. No joke! I'm so surprised by this and didn't even think that water fasting would help it. It's a soft light pink now, no purple at all and it's barely visible. That is amazing! I only wish I did this before wearing all of my shorts at Disney World. I could have saved a lot of concealer. So check out the picture below. I'm incredibly happy about this. Go water!

Here's the video for the day: why wheat is so bad, and the difference between fasting and starving


Woke at 9:00am
I didn't sleep well last night, because I couldn't turn off the brain. It had nothing to do with fasting, I just had so many creative things to think about that it kept me up. It's funny how I wanted this time to rest and relax, but at the same time I'm thinking about all of the things I could be working on like artwork and YouTube. Oh well, I'll have a chance to continue with those soon. So I woke up and didn't feel like I needed more sleep. I brushed my teeth, went downstairs, grabbed my first glass of water for the day and went to meditate in the sunlight. After that, I finished reading AAU's new A/Journal, and got my second glass of water for the day. I'm still not hungry, and surprisingly I'm not having cravings anymore either. Everything's going great.

Ooh la la! My vein, right next to the freckle, is almost invisible.

10:00am
I'm doing good, but still a bit sleepy. I'm enjoying my second glass of water and just relaxing today. I plan on catching up on reading and maybe more phone calls to my family.

1:00pm 
I'm having an awesome day. I'm on my 3rd glass of water, have been answering online messages, and have been watching and reading the articles on TM.org. Eliina shared this with me, and I've been loving it. Learning more about meditation inspires me to keep going with it. So far it's been great for me, even though it's only been a few weeks. Love it!

3:00pm
Still doing good! I'm drinking my 4th glass of water, and just got out of the bath. I love baths; they're nice because it's a time to reflect and relax. I tried to meditate again, and I didn't do too bad. So now I'm going to call my mom and have an awesome long conversation.

5:00pm 
I'm enjoying my day, but it was a bummer that I couldn't get a hold of my mom. I'll have to try again some other time. Anyway! I'm enjoying my 5th glass of water and I'm going to watch some more water fasting videos on YouTube. It's always nice to learn more about it.

8:00pm
I'm doing okay now, my abs are sore again though. Water fast workout! So this night might be a more relaxed night for me. The couch has my name on it and I'm going to watch Thor.

10:00pm
Thor was good, good enough anyway. I'm a little bored of superhero movies, but I was curious nonetheless. I watch all of Natalie Portman's work, so that was the main reason. Also, Thor looks like Basch fon Ronsenburg which is awesome! Okay then, after my last glass of water, I'm off to bed. Night.

Read more about my fast:

18 comments:

  1. Yeah I took everything you said in consideration, I tried fasting again today, again gave in to the cravings haha, but im just going to wait till school is done. Its so stressful drawing and trying to paint and go to work and not be stressed out! but they also just opened up a farmers market in vegas.

    Just reading about your results is really encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I hear you about school. It can be pretty taxing. I wish you the best with it. :)

    That's awesome about the farmer's market! Rock it! They're soooo cheap too. You can buy so much organic produce in comparison to the supermarket, and it's much fresher.

    Oh thank you, I'm glad to hear it.
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I find this interesting. Even though I only fasted for maybe a day or so, the foods that i would normally eat, like yesterday the nuggets and fries and like today queso salsa and chips, the made me feel sick to the stomach. I felt better when i was just drinking water. I was wondering if that was a sign of potential bad foods for my body.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm sure it's trying to tell you something. Especially with dairy. That was one of the first bad foods I cut out years ago. Try some raw veggies, like carrot, celery, or cucumber. You might find it will help. :)

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol sorry if i message a lot or seems as if im pestering you !

    I used to swim competitively for 5 years, and i really have to watch what i eat because when i swam i was burning 3000 calories a day so it was sorta okay to eat whatever. Now that I'm turning 21 soon i defiantly wanna be more healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, why would you be bothering me.

    Ah, that's wonderful. Swimming is so nice, and being in the cold water helps even more. One burns so much fat. I hope to go swimming more this summer too. :)

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi. I'm noticing your blog for the first time today (May 2016). While this particular post is several years old, I'd be curious to know if the spider vein you mentioned returned after your fast, or if is disappeared for good. Thanks, Jerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Jerry! Yes, my vein is still visible, but it's not getting any worse and it's very light. It has to do with acids leaching calcium from connective tissue. Dr. Morse explains it beautifully here:
      https://youtu.be/Xbf9X6Rg9Ys?t=6m25s

      So, get rid of the acid forming foods and thoughts for good, and the veins will heal. :)
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  8. Hi Claidia, Thanks for sharing this. I have had spider vie s for years now and they cause me great sadness. You story gives me hope because I have pushed away a man that I love deeply since I refuse to wear a dress,that was something he always wanted to see me in. He would try to take me to fact places to get me to dress up for him and I would continue to show up in nice pants suits. Lol Rather than tell him why I just broke up with him and I have been depressed since. Will try to fast in ann attempt to eradicated the vie s, so that just may be I can get the love of my life back. I hope this works for I have tried everything else! Good luck to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      I understand. I hope that you find peace regarding this. Learning to unconditionally love oneself is a challenge that even I have faced, but I continue to work on it always.

      Yes, they can be healed. Let that inspire and empower you.

      Like mentioned to Jerry above as well, weak veins have to do with acids leaching calcium from connective tissue.

      Watch this video here:
      https://youtu.be/Xbf9X6Rg9Ys?t=6m25s

      After water fasting, it's important to change your diet as well: Fruits, veggies, and herbs. That way, they'll stay healed for good.

      Best,
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  9. Hello again Karen,thanks for your inspiring message. I was wondering, does eating a lot of meat negatively affect the spider viens at all
    ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does. It is acid forming, especially when cooked.
      Here's more videos about food if you're interested:
      http://claudiasutton.blogspot.com/2015/07/everything-you-need-to-know-about-foods.html
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  10. Sorry I meant to write Hello Claudia!lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it's quite alright Karen. Again, I wish you the very best with it. :)
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  11. Wow,Thanks Claudia for your support and sharing of information. I checked out the video you requested and I absolutely believe that what I have realized is substantial. After my fast when I began incorporating foods back into my diet the minute I ate meat the veins went from lite to dark! I never in a million years would have believed that cutting out protien from meat would help my health issues, however I see the difference it can make now. My only concern is getting skinny, and having friends and family wonder if all is ok. Is there anyway to maintain my weight and only eat fruits veggies and herbs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,
      You're welcome dear. :) Wow! Really! That's something. Yup, it really comes down to eating the foods that the body is designed to eat.

      I too had a story like that. I broke 3 toes after eating treats after a water fast: https://youtu.be/LtaPVNDFMnI

      Calcium is leached right out of the bones and connective tissue so that the body can deal with the acid-forming foods. :(

      Yes, getting thin is normal. I was just watching a Dr. Morse video about that subject too: https://youtu.be/lvtbcNbWGj0

      Unfortunately, for some, the answer is no. It's probably a malabsorption issue. It's also common for the body to rid itself of any damaged tissue and rebuild. Kind of like remodeling a house: Everything has to be torn out first before it can be rebuilt.

      Keep going, and I wish you the very best!
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  12. I sit in front of the computer all day at work. It gets very annoying to be honest, I am not even thirty yet and I have a spider vein on the inside of my right thigh.
    I walk at least thirty minutes each day, and I spend 45 minutes in the gym five times a week, so I would say I am pretty active.
    I read about fasting on Tim Ferris' blog, I was a bit sceptical so far to be honest. I just nevr believed that I could go without eating anything for days. Thank you for the inspiration, one more reason to start fasting and get rid of that ugly purple vein.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I hear you. Fasting and fruit. Does the body good! :D

      If you're interested:
      https://youtu.be/Xbf9X6Rg9Ys?t=6m25s

      Best,
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle