Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle

Saturday, April 28

Water Fast Day 4

I'm so excited about today, because this is the first day my body goes into full ketosis. This means that the body is starting to fuel itself off of fat instead of using glucose. That means bye-bye cellulite and belly fat. Oh yes. I don't have too much to burn, but it's definitely enough for short fasts. Again, an average to thin person can do 21 day on water, no more. So it's super important that I rest today. Even moderate exercise/movement can detract from it.

Going into ketosis even helps to rid the body of bad muscle tissue, like water retention within the muscles. That way when one gets off the water fast, better more pure muscle mass can be built up. I'm excited about that, because that's sexy! I'm all for quality tissue. Also, the body will rid itself of and burn any cells and tissues which are damaged, diseased, aging, or dead. Therefore new healthy cells grow faster to replace them. It doesn't get any better than that.

Dr. Alan Goldhamer talks more about the benefits of water fasting


Woke at 8:05am
I woke naturally again today, and tried to get up because I didn't feel as bad at first. But as soon as I got downstairs to get my water I felt the nausea start creeping up again. So I took my water and sat in the sun that was pouring through the window and got my 10 minutes of sunlight for the day. After that I laid down on the couch for another hour or so.

I'm staying here most of the day. I'll wrap myself up in the furry blanket and chillax.

10:00am
Ugg. Still holding in there. This is my roughest time of the day. I don't feel hungry, but I feel a little nauseated still. I'm smelly too! I'm so surprised by how bad I smell, because I haven't smelled in years, both bad breath and body odor. I know it's gross, but it's a good thing. It's just crazy how the body secretes all of the buildup garbage through the pores. So I've been going through clothing like mad, and I'm going to get in the shower again. With just water of course.

1:00pm 
Ahh! That shower was nice. One thing I have noticed is that my skin is doing well. Earlier this week when I went out and had Thai food, I broke out like mad the next day. I should have known too, because Thai food, as yummy as it is, always does that to my skin. It's because of the hot spices, oil, dairy, and peanuts. My body just hates me for it. Although, after the shower I notice how much has healed already. My complexion is nice again and my skin is soft, with the exception of some dark scars that take a few weeks to heal.

By the way, I'm chatting live of Deviant Art if anyone out there wants to join me. Here's the link. Feel free to drop in and say hi.

3:00pm
Still chatting on DA and doing good. I'm on my 5th glass of water. Also, I noticed my abs getting sore, I wonder if the fat burning has begun!

5:00pm 
I'm doing great and on my 6th glass of water. Chatting on DA is sure keeping my mind off of the fast. It's nice to just sit and relax. Also, I'm not hungry right now.

8:00pm
One thing that I find fascinating is that I'm not hungry, but I'm just craving food. Purely because of addiction. Oh! And last night I dreamt about ice cream, but I didn't get to eat it in the dream. So maybe that was a good sign. Also, I started playing Final Fantasy VI. I started last night and I'm about 50 minutes in. It was good so far, but I want to take it slowly because of my energy levels.

10:00pm
So it's the end of a good day, and I'm quite happy overall how this one went. Surprisingly I'm not weary, dizzy, or hungry. Ketosis sure is a beautiful thing. I have also read that if I get hungry again, truly hungry not cravings, that it's time to break the fast even if I don't make it to the seventh day. I'm hoping that I'll be good though and it will be a very successful first fast. Night Night.


Read More About My Fast

6 comments:

  1. Reading the blog makes me want to drink water. Even if i wanted i don't think i will ever have enough time to do something like his o_O. Just to busy with everything! Even though i got a vacation coming up in week, i'll be busy doing stuff. Got family coming from Germany ^_^. Good luck for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan! It's good to hear from you. Oh that's wonderful. I'm glad it inspires you.

    Yes, it would be important to rest during it. Sometimes even two day fasts, like over the weekend are good too and are safe to do at home.

    Wow! That's awesome that you will get to see your family. How exciting indeed.

    Thank you, only three days left. :3
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia.... you have described my exact experience. I'm at the end of day 3 now. Last night my dreams have been about ice cream and candy coated chocolate.

    I'm looking forward to day 4 too. I hope that's when more of the "fun" results of fasting start to come and maybe a bit less of the headache and body soreness that I have been experiencing.

    Thank you for keeping such a detail diary of your fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Michael. :)
    Heehee, oh yes, I remember those dreams.
    Yes, Day 4 was a good day.

    You're welcome. I'm glad it's been helpful. One other word of caution: Take it easy the weeks after too, like with exercising at all. I rushed it a bit and started walking long distances again right away. Perhaps that's a part of why I broke my toes. Of course, you won't be wearing stilettos, and that was my main problem. It was not smart on my end.

    Cheers,
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Claudia I need some advice :(
    I started my water fast 4 days ago.
    Today is day4, and my energy level is super low, I feel dizzy when standing.
    And I have some academic exams to attend to, so I cheated. Ate what I ate before the fast, beans.. Boiled eggs .. Fish soup *sigh*:(((
    Day one to day 4 I lost 6.6lbs. I know I will gain tmr..

    I read ur day 3 post and day was supposed to be the day where ketosis starts.. Have i just ruined the process?If I continue my fast tmr, how long will ketosis come back? Kendall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Kendall,
      That's wonderful that you went four days. What an achievement. It sounds to me like you were doing the right thing at the wrong time. Meaning, a fast is a time set aside for pure tranquility. Both mind and body. It's super important to completely relax. So my advice is to refeed slowly with homemade organic juice, then blended juice, and whole produce until you're back on your usual diet. This would last half of the time of the fast, so you could do this in two days minimum if you wish. I always like to draw mine out though. :) Perhaps this post will be helpful too:
      http://claudiasutton.blogspot.com/2012/05/breaking-my-water-fast-and-refeeding.html

      Plan for a time that you don't have to take exams or work. Spring Break is coming soon. :) Perhaps that would be a perfect.

      Cheers,
      ~Claudia

      Delete

Recommended For You