Thursday, April 26

Water Fast Day 2

I've heard that the 2nd day is the hardest. Over all days one and two are the worst because that's when one is truly getting use to being on only water. After the 3rd day the body will enter ketosis which means that all of the reserves from previous feeding are burned off and one starts to burn fat reserves instead. This I'm really excited about, because this is when the true magic happens and all the bad stuff starts to disappear. Remember that when water fasting the body will only rid itself of harmful things like toxins and excess fat. There is a big difference between this and starvation. Most Americans or people from 1st world countries have plenty of fat to fast for weeks before starving. For longer fasts, it's important that you consult a doctor like the ones up at TrueNorth Health.

Again, one has to get over this hurtle on the 2nd day. So this is a good time to talk about some of the normal symptoms of fasting, which I'm already noticing that I'm experiencing some of them.

They are: A foul taste in the mouth, fatigue, bad body odor, bad breath, trouble sleeping, restlessness, irritability, dizziness, aches and pains, nausea and vomiting, rashes and discharge, and healing crisis where the brain makes you think that your going to die if you don't eat (not a joke, and it's perfectly normal). 

Here's another informative video on water fasting:



Woke at 9:00am
I didn't sleep very well last night, because I needed to use the bathroom so much. So I would wake up to pee and then it would be hard to fall asleep again. I just found that I was awake. Not necessary thinking about food, but more so things that I want to accomplish. Like current goals. Over all though it was a good night. Morning not so much, I enjoyed my sleep, but the landscapers woke me up with their electric hedge trimmers. So I was up, but when I got up to start the day, I felt nauseated, and decided to hit the bed again. I sleep for another hour until 10:00am.

This is the size of my glass of water. Yum! Breakfast.

10:00am
When I got up from bed again, I felt rested and much better. All though standing is tough, so I sat down as soon as I reached the couch downstairs. I had two glasses of water, just like yesterday, and I felt fine. I'm not hungry at all, just a tiny bit weary.

1:00pm 
I feel A Okay and am going to get another glass of water soon. I need to catch up on more messages too.

3:00pm
Still doing really good. Not hungry and enjoying my 4th glass of water. I'm actually surprised, because this day has been easier for me than yesterday.

5:00pm 
Still doing great. I feel a little bit hungry now, but I'm not hurting, dizzy, or weary. I really do feel pretty normal. Also, I've been watching a ton more videos on the subject, and they're so inspiring. I truly believe that water fasting is a cure-all for modern diseases that are caused by excess, like my wrist/arm problems: Too much video games, painting, and computer usage over the years.

8:00pm
My upper right leg is throbbing slightly for some reason. Something is healing perhaps? Not sure. Other then that I need to pee again. I seriously need to live in the bathroom and it's time for my dinner water. Also, I'm going to pop in an evening film. A Dangerous Method is my choice for the night. I love Keira, so I can't wait.

10:00pm
Doing okay, but I'm hungry again and I've got a little bit of a sore throat. It seems that night can be one of the worst times, because that's when I want snacks, like bad evil snacks. A Dangerous Method was good but I liked The Tourist better. It's always interesting to think about these types of movies though, A Dangerous Method that is, they leave you with more thoughts. Things to ponder over and think through. That can be fun. I'm going to finish my 7th glasses of water, which was one less than yesterday, and go to bed. Night.

Read more about my fast:

2 comments:

  1. It is really interesting to hear your firsthand experiences. I'm on day 2, and I'm not drinking as much water as you. Mostly I drink chamomile tea in deionized water, and I'm not sure whether I'm getting enough electrolytes. Anyway, it gives me some encouragement that I won't end up in a hospital if I continue the fast. I'm not sure how long I'll go for, but I'm aiming at least for 4 days. I'm pretty busy at work, so I'm not sure whether I should continue much beyond that. I will also have to travel to Asia next week, it may be better to plan ahead for the re-feeding. I don't know why I'm telling you all this. I guess I just feel like sharing, and when you're fasting it is hard to hang out with people, which usually involves going out to dinner and drinking. What to do with all the free time???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad that you found it to be helpful. Yeah, 4 days is great. Go for it, but yes, definitely make time for that re-feeding period. It's just as important. I wish you well.

      Haha, sure thing. :D Well thank you for sharing. I hear you about that. I did a lot of reading and movie watching during the fast. Even video games were too much.

      Best,
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle