Wednesday, April 25

Water Fast Day 1

I wanted to start out by sharing a little bit more about water fasting. Here's a video that's a must watch. If you have to take something away from all of these post I'm writing, just please spend the time to watch this video. It's a bit long, but I've seen it twice and find it fascinating. Especially if you're new to fasting, or know nothing about, this is a great place to start.

A lecture my Dr. Alan Goldhamer as to why water fasting is awesome in so many ways:


Woke at 8:30am
So it's Day 1 of the water fast and I feel fine, nothing different at all, and I'm so happy that I finally have this time off. I made sure I have lots of water filtered for the day and everything is gone from the refrigerator. I had a tall glass of water just like every morning, followed by a lukewarm cup of water in my tea cup. Just to stay in tune with my usual morning intake. 

My refrigerator. Just water, nothing more.

10:00am
Still feeling fine and am using this time to catch up on emails and do more research about health and fasting. I noticed I have to pee like mad and I am starting to feel a little hungry so I grabbed another glass of water. I'm on my 3rd glass for the day.

1:00pm 
I'm feeling great, just chilling, laying down, and am absolutely fine. Stilling using the bathroom every 15 minutes it seems. Enjoying my 4th glass of water and I'm not really feeling hungry anymore.

3:00pm
So I'm hungry now, because it's past lunchtime. I usually eat around 1:00pm ish because it's good to keep on schedule, so my body is like, "Did you forget about me? Waahhh!" I'll be alright though. It's probably time for another glass of water. I took a warm bath too, sans any Epsom salt, essential oils, or soap, and it was a good way to relax. Also, I felt my left hand starting to throb just a tiny bit. Let the detoxing begin!

5:00pm 
I'm doing okay. Definitely hungry and starting to think of food more often, but it's okay. Also, I have slight pressure starting to built up in the temples. Not quite a headache, but getting there. Again, that's good. That means I'm starting the process. I'm on my 6th glass of water now, and I'll have a 7th soon.

I popped in The Tourist, to take my mind off it for a while. It was great by the way, and I really enjoyed it. I don't understand way others didn't like it (or that's what I heard) I thought it was a charming film, and it makes me want to see Eurupe. Oh how I yern to travel. It would be a dream come true.

8:00pm
Well, I definitely have a headache now so I'm just chilling on the couch. I'm enjoying my rest time, but nighttime is always the hardest for snacking. I'm terrible, because it's not even raw fruits and veggies that I crave. I want like a whole pizza or something. And donuts, and other bad foods. Of course that won't happen, but it's interesting how my mind is going there and not to good wholesome things.

10:00pm
That pretty much wraps up Day 1. I've got my 8th glass of water, and after a few late night emails I'm off to meditate before going to bed. I feel a little better now because most of the cravings have subsided. Tonight I'm not going to set the alarm clock and just sleep in. That will be so nice. I don't remember the last time I've done that. I don't even do that on weekends, so what a treat indeed. Goodnight.

Read more about my fast:

10 comments:

  1. I liked the tourist... then again i grew up in Europe. Watching movies filmed in Europe always makes me miss it though, especially filmed in Germany. I haven't seen the new 3 musketeers movie yet, but it was filmed near where i used to live.

    Good luck on your water fast, i'll continue to read the next days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much Dan! Yeah, it was a good film. :) I'm sure they do make you miss home. I want to come too! Europe looks so inviting.

    Oh yes, The 3 Musketeers looks fun too. I haven't seen it either. I have a good friend that worked on the CG, so better get around to it one of these days. I have no excuse.

    Cheers, and thank you.
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud of you Claudia. That must have been a challenge for you. But you held strong with persistence and determination, and I am proud of you. I am glad you could accomplish your goal. :)

    PS. I liked The Tourist too. :) That's the one with Angelina and Johnny Depp right? Yeah, I thought it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Carla! I'm still going strong. I'm on blended juices now, but I can eat solid produce again on Saturday. Woot!

    Yup, that's the one. :) Yes, it was good fun.

    <3 Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. uhuh! so you didn't exercise while water fasting? how many lbs did you lose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not at all. Rest is so important. :) I lost about 5 pounds in a week.
      ~Claudia

      Delete
  6. Dear Claudia,

    You mentioned in the 'umbrella post' to this 7-day fast that anyone doing this sort of fast should use 'only water, inside and out.' Here's my potentially moronic question: since we're not to use soap, shampoo or conditioner to wash, what do we do after using the lavatory? Sorry if this is the dumbest question, but I'd really like to do this properly.

    Cheers, Susannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No worries hun. :D Just use water. It's nature's cleanser, and it's okay for just a week. Just try your best to stay clean. Urine is typically sterile anyway. That depends on the health of the person, and for the most part you won't be experiencing many, or any, bowel movements during this time because one isn't consuming any food.

      Best,
      ~Claudia

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Claudia!

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle