Friday, April 13

Stress and Wrinkle Tea

A few months ago I stumbled upon Markus Rothkranz's YouTube channel and this amazing recipe for homemade pine, rosemary, and licorice root tea. So of course I had to share it with you!

Watch Markus' Video Here

First off, I want to say that I adore him. He really knows his stuff and I have learned quite a bit of new info already. Remember my post "I've Been Improving My Diet", that's all because of Markus' teachings. So yes, back to the tea, it's amazing and I've been making it a few times every week since I learned about it.

Pine needles, rosemary, and licorice root.

So all you have to do is follow the instructions in Markus' video. My portions, as pictured above, are a little bit smaller than his, just because of my saucepan size. Also, as mentioned, it's best to use glass to heat this tea in, because stainless steel contains nickel. Which is not awesome, and is poisonous. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding a glass pot/pan that can be used on the stovetop in any store. So sadly, I'm still using my stainless steel one with a glass lid. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be most grateful. Another thing too to note about glass, is that it has to be placed on a cold burner and then heated to allow for the glass to expand properly. Putting a cold pot on a hot burner can break the glass.

After the tea is done after 20-25 minutes, one can partake and reap all of it's wonderful benefits. Mind you this tea takes a bit of getting use to, both taste and detox wise. The taste is a bitter/sweet concoction that I nicknamed "Medicine Tea", because it's not something I'm going to snuggle on the couch with, but at the same time it's taste isn't that bad that it would prevent me from drinking it. After awhile it isn't bad at all.

Second, is that the first time I drank this tea I had some detox symptoms. Which is good, because that means that it's doing it's job. I was surprised though, because I'm pretty clean to begin with, but it still made me nauseous. This made me release that I still had along way to go, and that's when I started to clean my diet up even more. I haven't been the same since, and I wish I would have done it years ago. So if this is your first time, fill your cup up halfway with tea and diluted the rest with hot water. That way you can slowly work up to a full cup of tea.  

One last thing is that I noticed that the pine needles leave behind a filmy white residue on the pan and lid that's a bit hard to clean off. Personally, this doesn't bother me too much because that's all I use the pan for now. Although, if you want to clean them properly all you have to do is soak them in or with a water and vinegar mixture for a few hours and it wipes right off.

So try this awesome tea out today! It's so easy that anyone can do it.
If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments below. I'm here to help.

Cheers and happy tea making.
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle