Tuesday, April 3

Look of the Month :: Spring 2012 :: April

In honor of my trip to Disney World I thought that it was fitting to create this month's digital face chart on my most worn vacation look. I'm an extremely light traveler, too extreme sometimes, but that's okay. Makeup is never a problem. I'm great at mixing, experimenting, and improvising. That's what's so wonderful about being a makeup artist! I love bringing small compact multitasking products that I can mix and match to get different looks depending on my mood, clothing, and the time of day. An example of one of my all time favorite products is MAC's Paint Pot in Bare Study. It can be used as a lid primer, lid color, under eye corrector, face highlighter, and lip highlighter. It's super easy to use and I prefer the warmth of my clean fingers to pat the product into skin before it sets. No makeup brushes needed. It's perfect for outdoor vacations, because it doesn't budge and is sweat and water resistant.

Extra virgin olive oil is another travel must-have. I bring it in a small three ounce dark glass bottle and use it for a facial moisturizer, makeup remover, and body moisturizer instead of the chemical-filled lotions provided by the hotel. Lastly, Bare Escentuals brushes are a dream, because they're tiny and can fit easily in one's suitcase. This is actually why I prefer them period, because I don't need a lot of room for them at home as well.

Also, I wanted to note that this look was inspired by the fresh day looks of Disney Princesses. Focusing on soft dewy skin, rosy cheeks, loads of lashes, and a natural lip. Which made for a wonderful lightweight spring look that could be applied in 10-12 minutes and was perfect for the weather.

The current look is:
A P R I L  2 0 1 2


Color inspiration:
Pale blue, dusty rose, chocolate brown, white, and silver

Current motivation for the look:
Disney princesses, warm weather, and early mornings


Previous Looks this Year:

J A N U A R Y  2 0 1 2

F E B R U A R Y  2 0 1 2

M A R C H  2 0 1 2

Please feel free to express yourself as well! Share links, tips, or any other suggestions in the comments. I would love to hear from you.

 xoxo,
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle