Tuesday, March 20

H&M Spring Collection

So sadly a my khaki pants bit the dust after 12 years. I loved them, and if it wasn't for the small holes in stressed areas I wouldn't have to replaced them. I'm pretty hardcore about not buying things unless I need or am completely in love with them. 12 years! Now that's how it's done. I love fashion very much and I've learned over the years that one can stay on trend, but true to themselves (because I'm a big believer in having signature pieces), and eco-friendly by "shopping your closet." Especially like older pieces from the 50-90's which are now considered vintage classics. I can't count the number of times I've thought, "Oh damn, I wish I still had that." Fashion doesn't have to be about going shopping every other month. Not at all, it's totally possible to achieve this with what one already owns and keep minimalistic values intact. It's all about layering, colors, prints, textures, proportions, silhouettes, and confidence.

So of course I had to go to H&M to see if I could replace my pants with something edgy and new, but still classic so that 12 years down the line they will still be considered beautiful. Unfortunately I'm not to the point that I can treat myself to Chanel and Burberry, so H&M is a great dupe. They're very on-point about high fashion influences and even have big names design for them. David Beckham is the highlight of their spring season, featuring his new line of bodywear for men. Got love it!

The Spring 2012 Magazine is out. Pick one up for free at H&M.

Here's what I got:
 Light khaki cotton trousers with florescent lemon belt and dusty rose polyester shorts.
 $64.99 for everything

Spring's always an exciting time in the fashion world, because just like fall, we are switching over from cold weather to warm or vice versa. This season's all about the white, nude, bright metals, and vivid yellows.

Love Claudia xx

8 comments:

  1. I love Khaki pants. I didn't when I was younger but I do now, and yellow became a favorite color of mine after I played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (not to be confused with the SW MMO)? Yellow is a lightsaber color you can pick and it was love at first sight, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh? Is that because you were forced to wear them as a child? :3 That's typically what happens.

    I had no idea that there were yellow light sabers. Very cool indeed.

    <3 Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is typically what happens, lol. But it was dress shirts for me. I didn't like wearing them because I wasn't allowed to wear an undershirt beneath it. I don't remember why. As far as khakis go, I just didn't like the texture. Now I like them both :)

    Yellow lightsabers only exist in the extended SW universe. They are my favorite kind :D

    <3 Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, the good old dress shirt. XD

    Is there any reason as to why? A special yellow material or something. :)

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I love wearing a long sleeve dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up with a button up vest and either open collar or tie. :)

    It's just the crystal that colors it. Blue crystal = blue blade etc. I saw this video on YT and I thought it was pretty cool, it shows all the colors: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3OwdoQLxO0 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I'm sure you look dashing.

    Oh really? Is that the same for the movies and all lore? Very cool video indeed. You're right, the yellow is quite slick.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why thank you :) I don't normally do the full suit because it feels to heavy and restrictive.

    As far as I know it's the same between the movies and lore. I just know a little here and there so I'm not the best source, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :D Of course!

    Oh okay, neat.

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle