Tuesday, March 13

Earth Conscious Organization

Recently, Alex the founder of ECO contacted me about their new site: www.earthconsciousorganization.org.  It’s just taking off, and I want to raise awareness about the website as well because it’s informative and important. I love nature, people, and animals. “Be the change you want to see in the world”, that’s my favorite Gandhi quote and I try my very best to live by it.


“We are a non-profit organization - our main goals are to raise both funding and awareness for animal-rights, environmental and civil rights organizations. With the help of our supporters we are able to keep this site running and continue funding various charities. We are strong believers in the welfare of animals, the importance of environmental awareness and care, fair trade, and the equal rights of individuals regardless of religion, sex or race.” - Alex Townsend ECO Founder


For instance, I never knew that live animals were being sold in key chains. That's so sad, it breaks my heart. Read more here:


Who would do such a terrible thing for money, and who in their right mind would buy it! So that means that someone out there is supporting this buy purchasing the animals. It’s no different than puppy mills/pet stores.

Also, the article about breaking elephant’s spirits is heart wrenching as well. Elephants are such social creatures and I have learned that they have excellent memories. I’m reminded of other sad stories where elephants would lose a family member because they were killed by people. So the traumatized animal would wreak havoc on the villagers that killed their beloved relative until they had their revenge. Of course it was like a suicide mission for the poor thing, because it probably would end up dead as well. Animals aren’t stupid and there is cause and effect to everything.


On a more uplifting note, I can't wait for them to update their Beauty, Fashion, and Travel sections of the site. I would love to hear more tips and tricks, because I can always learn to improve my eco habits in some way. Also, the recipes look yummy! I'll have to check in when they have more up.

So head on over to the site, it's very education. I spent a lot of time there learning myself. 
Be kind to one another and the planet. 
Something as simple as that can make the world we live in a better place.
~Claudia

18 comments:

  1. Wow.... I am shocked. To abuse animals in such a way... it makes me sick :( I'm all for being kind to one another and taking care of our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. :( I was too. I had never heard of such things before.

    That's wonderful! I don't take kindness for granite, so I appreciate it very much. Sometimes it seems like it's few and far between. I'm always hopeful though. :)

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to be hopeful :) I'm happy to hear that you have an optimistic outlook :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed. I'm a "glass overfloweth" kinda of girl.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a "the glass is also filled with air so quit debating if it's full or empty" kind of guy, lol ;) I love our conversations, lol :)

    And feeding the fishys on the side is addicting, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh really? That's an interesting way to view it. I've never heard that one before. :D Indeed! Awesome conversations. Conversation is my favorite pastime. That and travel, but one can talk and travel.

    Oh! They're grateful, I'm sure. Fat Fishes(intentional) now.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I came up with that view recently, lol. It's just one of the many random thoughts that roam through my mind. Believe it or not, it's hard for me to just start conversing with others, even online. It may be hard to believe with how I'm talking with you now, lol, but it is true. I even have trouble conversing on people sitting next to me on a plane, and from what I've learned it's supposed to be easier because people tend to want to know who they are sitting next to for extended periods of time.

    I used to travel quite a bit. In the military I traveled to Japan, Thailand, India, Qatar, Iraq, Alaska, and Utah. I SOOOO want to travel again, lol.

    I'm sure they are grateful, lol. And FYI, I've been rooting for the green fishy. That one's my favorite :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh really? That's cool. :3 I would have never guessed.

    That's interesting about the plane, makes sense too.

    Wow! You're the quite the adventurer. That's super cool. I want to go too.

    Aww! Go green fishie. Want to name it? >o

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I tend to surprise people, and I learned about the plane fact in my Speech class :)

    Then I'll let you know when I'm able to travel again, it'll be fun ;)

    Sure, I'll name it, lol. My kids are here so I asked them and they agreed that she is a girl and her name is Sally. What do you think? I think it's kind of cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh neat. I'll remember that now.

    Awesome! :D Traveling!

    AWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Sally it is. Perfect.

    @};-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Which were you referring to? The plane fact or my tendency to surprise people? Or maybe both ;)

    Yay for traveling buddies :D

    Awesome, I'll let let them know you think Sally is perfect <3 @};-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both! I just never knew.

    Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Claudia, for mentioning my site! You've really helped me gain more traffic to the site!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that's wonderful Alex! I'm glad, those are important matters that you speak of, so it's good to get the word out.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just thought I'd point out, we have a different address now:
    http://earthconsciousorganization-org.webs.com/

    Again, thank you Claudia for posting this. We have over 7,000 unique visitors now, with over 15% of the traffic coming from this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. :) I changed the link. The others are still broken though. Do you know what they are?

      Wow, that's a lot! You're very welcome hun. Glad to help.
      ~Claudia

      Delete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle