Friday, January 6

Look of the Month :: Winter 2012 :: January

"Great things are made of little things." - Fortune Cookie

Hello beauties! 2012 is off to a good start and I wanted to do something daring for the first makeup look of the new year. It was New Year's Day and I was in the bathroom getting ready to go out to the movies, when I thought to myself, "Do something artistic today, it's the start of a whole new year." And that's what I did, I grabbed my Jemma Kid liquid liner and went all out. I came up with this modern Rorschach-inspired pattern that reminded me of how the tree leaves are silhouetted in the dark. Recently, I've been taking my walks at night and I'm loving it. I feel alone, but mindful of everything that's happening around me. It's like the night is inviting me to use my senses.

Mind you this brand of liner is brilliant, it's thick, pitch black, smudge proof after it dries, and stays put for... days. No joke, this stuff does not come off easy. I recommend soaking a cotton pad in eye makeup remover or extra virgin olive oil (this is what I use) and press it onto the lids for a minute or two. That's the only way I got it off. So good luck to you if you use it.

The current look is:
J A N U A R Y  2 0 1 2


Color trends for this month: 
Plum, teal, dark olive green, black, and gunmetal

Current motivation for the look: 
The moon, nighttime, and capes

If you have any questions, just let me know. Feel free to express yourself as well! Share links, tips, or any other suggestions in the comments. I would love to hear from you.   

xoxo,
~Claudia

2 comments:


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle