Thursday, January 5

Get Healthy For the New Year with the Help of RealAge

RealAge.com is something that I have been using for what seems like forever. I signed up about 6 years ago and have been loving it ever since. What is RealAge you might ask? It's a website dedicated to helping people understand how to become healthy in all aspects of life and it has an impressive scientific advisory board that includes Dr. Mehmet Oz, MD (I never knew who he was until he got his TV show).

The website has helped me learn so much over the years that I wanted to share it with you. Especially now that 2012 is here and most people want to improve their lives in some way. RealAge is loaded with useful tools and info that's sure to help you achieve your new year's resolutions. Or at least become more knowledge about the subjects provided.


Reasons to Sign Up:

1. The RealAge Test is fun! This was the thing that made me curious about the website in the first place. The concept is that you have your "calender age" and your "real age." The RealAge is based on your lifestyle, everything from exercise, diet, well-being, stress levels, sex life, sleeping patterns, ancestral family health, etc. So this is appealing because you can see how your lifestyle is affecting your age. I re-take my test at the beginning of each new year and my results were the best they've ever been, coming in at 6.5 years younger than I actually am. That's a new record for me and I owe it mostly to eating right. I ate a more plant-based diet in 2011 and I think my marks are higher because of the improvements I made in the diet category. I definitely feel 6.5 years younger.

2. Learning is easy and fun with RealAge. When you sign up, you can receive a weekly newsletter with all sorts of wonderful health tips. They always fascinated me because I knew that something like diet or exercise might be good for me, but I wanted know know WHY as well.  An example would be, I know apples are good for me, but why? Here's an excerpt from RealAge:

"A brilliant prescription for revving up your immunity? Yep, it's just like the old saying: an apple a day. Studies have revealed that pectin, a special kind of fiber found in apples, may help boost levels of immune-supportive proteins. So crunching one a day could very well help keep the doctor away this cold season."

3. The articles are nice to share with friends and family. Sometimes I find that the tips I read are perfect for a loved one. If they are stubborn about changing their ways, perhaps hearing the information from a Doctor is more convincing than hearing it from me. So I can easily send them helpful links. I do this all time for my family. It's tough love.

4. There are plenty of helpful videos, interactive charts, and action plans to help you realize your goals. For example there is a Weight Loss Tracker that can help one stay motivated, set goals, and monitor the progress made.

5. For more serious issues, there are heath tests that one can take to determine if the are having an issue with something and perhaps should consult a doctor. Some include, but are not limited to: ADHD, Allergies, Diabetes, Eye Health, Heart Disease, Headache/Migraine, Joint Age, Menopause, Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid, and Arthritis. Personally, I have not used this feature because I fortunately have been in good health. And I'll do my best to keep it that way.


So there you have it. Pretty spiffy huh?

Cheers and here's to good health!
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle