Friday, January 13

35 Push-ups for Men, 45 Push-ups for Women

I can do 45 push-ups in a row. I'm so happy and I feel strong.

About a month ago I read an article about how a healthy "average" man should be able to do 35 push-ups and a healthy lady should be able to do 45 (girl style) push-ups. I laughed out loud and thought to myself, "I bet I can do five. 45 push-ups is insane!"

Well at that moment I got down on the ground and I barely squeezed out ten of the most pathetic push-ups I could muster.  Right then and there I told myself that I would add a few push-ups a day until I was able to do my 45.

After that first day I woke up the next morning so sore. It was definitely the worst day. My pectoral muscles were killing me, but I still managed to do 11 with more ease than the first day. Day after day 11 turned into 15, and then to 20, and then 30, until today I finally did my 45.

So get down on the ground and give me 45! Or 35 if you're a dude. Don't hurt yourself and listen to your body. Build up the strength slowly and let me know when you can do a complete set. Then we can Internet high-five.
Cheers,
~Claudia

22 comments:

  1. Do it again. :) But don't hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll do it sometime don't worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah. Oh and Carla told me about your Youngest sis named Carin and told me I should add her on fb and introduce myself to her. Does she have a blog or YouTube as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Matthew.

    That is totally your call. No Carin doesn't have any websites.

    Best,
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, Claudia! I can do 75 at once tho I prefer doing 6 reps of 50 in my workouts. Try getting your crunch totals up too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's awesome. I assume you have to stay strong for your work and all.

    Yes indeed, crunches I'm good with. It seems I can go awhile doing them.

    Cheers,
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok thanks ^^ I bet she'll like me as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah she really would ^^ Have u thought of doing something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure I understand the question. Doing something like what?

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, if if about that senseless comment that randomly popped outta my head lol. I mean't to ask if Carin plans on Blogging or Doing youtube vids like u?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Probably not. She's been really busy with work.
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thought so, and it's take like months for her to read my message I sent her on fb and to accept my request. Hope she doesn't have loads of messages or requests to look through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just think she's pretty busy.
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know but I'll just wait what comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do six sets of 50 a day. Didn't used to be like that starting out...probably closer to a couple sets of 20. Interesting to know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kelle! Wow, that's wonderful. High-five!

    Sounds like you are a happy healthy Kelle.

    Also, did you still want to meet up? Email me if you're free.

    Cheers,
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a girl and I can do 45 push-ups! But you know, actual ones. Not "girl" push-ups

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Awesome. :D That's some workout!
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle