Monday, October 3

APE Con 2011


APE Con was awesome. I had a wonderful first experience. It was so nice to see old friends, meet some new ones, and appreciate art of all sorts. The show was bigger than I expected, but still small enough to see in one day. Also, I'm glad I didn't get a table this year, being that it was my first time. I was able to explore and talk to all the artists, which I couldn't have done if I had a table. Perhaps I'll get one in the future though. We'll see.

Another highlight of the con was that I got to chat with Tim Schafer. He was just standing there in the hallway playing with a yo-yo and I was like, "Hey there's Tim Schafer." *continue walking by... pause* "No wait, that's Tim Schafer... I'm going to go say hello. Yeah!" So I did and he's pretty cool. Sadly, I forgot to ask him what working with Cookie Monster was like. That would have made for a wonderful conversation.

So yuppers, I had a blast and will definitely consider going back next year.  
Did anyone go this year? If so, how was your experience?
~Claudia

3 comments:

  1. As someone who's found you through deviantArt, I sometimes realize I really don't know you, so now I have to ask a dumb question- do you have a book out? Or what would you have had at your table had you gotten one? Interesting. Someday I'll go- but back to SDCC first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claudia I just met you on DA today. Too bad I didn't know you earlier or I would of said "hello!" ;) I have been to many of these and was at my friend's booth helping out and selling our comic book we did together. So I am into all of these Cons like WC, SDCC, etc. I am glad you went and glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan - Aww. We kinda know know each other.
    No book; but at WonderCon I sold art prints, original art, art books that I wanted to part with, and art supplies. I really want to go to SDCC. :(

    Rick - What! You were there too? Well then, we just missed each other. I go to WC too, but I've always wanted to go to SDCC. Perhaps we'll run into each other in the future.

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle