Friday, September 9

My Thoughts on: Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You

I've been listening to this album pretty much nonstop since it came out and I must say that it's not an overall hit for me. It's catchy and some of the songs are great, but as a whole it's not a favorite. YET! That's just my initial impression, some of the best music has to grow on you over time or tastes might evolve. Another thing to note is that RHCP is a very nostalgic thing for me, and therefore enough time hasn't past for me to go "Oh I remember how I felt then, and where I was in life." So that is hard to predict if it will become a favorite, but right now I'm not dying to listen to it. I do catch myself singing the songs randomly, so that's cool.


Here are my favorites from the album so far:
"Monarchy of Roses"
"Ethiopia"
"The Adventure of Rain Dance Maggie"
"Did I Let You Know"
"Even You Brutus?"
"Meet Me at the Corner"

Anyone else out there listening to the Peppers new album? 
☠ Claudia

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard it yet. I'm not totally surprised to hear this though, as John Frusciante was, in my mind, the creative force of the band for the past few years, and without him, I dunno....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I see. I have been hearing that recently online as well. It seems like fans were pretty upset to see him leave the band. It would make sense; perhaps adapting is difficult for the rest of the members.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across this post while searching google for anything Chili Peppers so excuse the late comment. I have been listening to this album every day at work from 9-4 since its release and it has really grown on me. I prefer the funkier RHCP albums but I am glad they are still making music and I am looking forward to, what the band has said, the new Red Hot Chili Peppers. Don't turn on them just yet! BTW that illustration of Anthony is badass.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awesome! Yeah, I definitely haven't given up on them, like you mentioned, it's just great that they're making music again.

    Thanks about the painting. :)
    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle