Monday, August 8

How TV Ruined Your Life - This is So True...

I loved this program so much, but I can't help to think that it's a bit ironic because it's a TV show called How TV Ruined Your Life. I did however find it to be quite amusing and honest. Just thinking about this concept made me realize that it's not just TV, it's most forms of media: movies, magazines, video games, newspapers, the Internet, etc. We are manipulated through this media and told how to live. From a psychological standpoint, they pray on our most basic human needs.

For me, I love that I'm disconnected from most of it. Not that it's good or bad, it's just how I choose to live. I'm fond of minimalism and the notion that one can live only on the bare essentials. I find that the less stuff I consume and accumulate (whether it's goods or media) the happier I am. An example of that is trying to share with others, or to borrow items from a friend or a library instead of purchasing them. So yeah, this show really inspired me to do better.

Watch the episodes for yourself and tell me what you think:


Also, just for fun, here's a Cracked.com article about a similar topic:

Haha! Fascinating indeed. Now there's a topic to discuss over breakfast.

Cheers,
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle