Monday, July 18

Whoa! A New Red Hot Chili Peppers Album

Last Friday a new RHCP single was released called "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie." Listen to it here.

The only excuse I have for not being on top of this was because of my Harry Potter obsession leading up to that day. As some of you might know, they're my favorite band. Reason being was that their music has always been there for me through some of my most memorable life experiences. I never quite understood why my parents loved certain old bands, until I discovered the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Music can really impact one's life, and that was finally clear to me.

Another thing too is that John Frusciante is now replaced by his guitarist friend Josh Klinghoffer, so I wonder how that will pan out. The album, I’m With You, comes out August 30, 2011. Hurray! I can't wait.

I know it's a pretty mixed crowd when it comes to the Red Hot Chili Peppers, 
but is anyone else out there a fan?
~Claudia
---
Also, I'm sure most of you have seen this by now, but here's a piece that I did in honor of
Stadium Arcadium's release titled Anthony.

2 comments:

  1. What? How come they didn't tell me?
    " I never quite understood why my parents loved certain old bands, until I discovered the Red Hot Chili Peppers" THis made me feel really really old!
    What's your favorite Chilis song? I couldn't even begin to choose, maybe Californication, that whole album (see, I say things like album so I AM old!) is so amazing. Fight Like A Brave was their first song I heard, back about . . . 23 or 24 years ago now! Holy. I am old.
    Check out Sikamikanico (sp?), it's a relatively obscure song from the Wayne's Wolrd soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come, what? ^___^ Perhaps I should reword that.

    I would have to say "Under the Bridge" because that was the first one that really impacted me as a little girl. But yeah, Californication is my favorite whole album as well. (Why does using the word album make you old? heehee What else would we call it?)

    Yeah, those two songs are great! Isn't "Fight Like A Brave" about drug addiction?


    Ohhhh! And they're touring in 2011-2013. I need to go. I've never seen them and that's on my bucket list. I better start saving my pennies! XD

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle