Thursday, July 14

I'm Finished with My Harry Potter Marathon

So I have decided that after completing Order of the Phoenix yesterday that I'm going to stop with the books for now, because I don't want to rush them. Figuring that they will be much more enjoyable if I just meander and take my time with the last two.

Therefore, I spent the day finishing all of the films and watching all of the special features as well, so that I'm thoroughly prepared for tomorrow's release of the last movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2. I'll be going bright and early, and I'm super excited, but I can't believe it's almost over already. 10 years seemed to have flown by, and it seems like only yesterday that I remember being excited for the first movie. Ah... all those amazing memories!

Also, has anyone heard about Pottermore? It's J.K. Rowling's new fan website. I'm not so sure I'm going to join, but it will be fun to checkout once it opens.

Cheers and happy movie watching tomorrow!
~Claudia

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard, but I haven't really looked, but do you know if she's writing anything else? Not even hp related I just like her writing a lot.


    AndryW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I know that she will be self publishing from now on. That's really cool and that's what Pottermore is all about. So then she won't have to have a publicist.

    Have you read her HP spinoff books? Like
    Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages, and The Tales of Beedle the Bard.

    She wrote a Harry Potter short story prequel as well. Here's some info about it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Potter_prequel

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I didn't read any of those I'm looking more for long novels or series. I like to read series or cycles. Even trilogies feel too short like the ink heart books. You should check out the inheritance cycle claudia I think there is a lot about them you would get into.

    Being successful enough to self publish is great, but I have a feeling her work will suffer for it, hopefully not though

    AndryW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure she'll be just fine. Even if she doesn't write again, she already created something amazing. More than most have done.

    Yeah, I haven't read the Inheritance Cycle yet. Perhaps I shall.

    ~Claudia

    ReplyDelete


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle