Friday, June 17

Daily Inspiration: The Golden Rule

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
"The Golden Rule is arguably the most essential basis for the modern concept of human rights, in which each individual has a right to just treatment, and a reciprocal responsibility to ensure justice for others. A key element of the Golden Rule is that a person attempting to live by this rule treats all people with consideration, not just members of his or her in-group. The Golden Rule has its roots in a wide range of world cultures, and is a standard which different cultures use to resolve conflicts." - Wikipedia
I just wanted to share this touching video with you. Blair, a YouTube beauty guru, tells viewers her tenth-grade story and pours her heart into explaining why bullying is not cool. I commend her for this. It took a lot of strength for her to share something so personal; but it relays a powerful message. Her and her sister Elle, were the reason I started making tutorial videos. I figured, "Wow, these girls are helping people in some way. Perhaps I can too." Luckily, no one's going to beat me up for it though. At least not yet; I'm sure I'll start receiving hate mail for something down the line. I'm prepared for it.

See for yourself, and watch the video here:

So if you have a dream, something that goes against the grain, just follow your heart and go for it. The benefits are well worth it. Do what makes you happy, be strong, and don't let the bullies take you down with them.

Best,
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle