Friday, March 4

10 Films in 10 Days Project - Day Two : Barbarella


"De-crucify him or I'll melt your face!" - Barbarella

Barbarella - 1968


What? Really Barbarella!?

I didn't know what I was getting myself into with this one. What an odd film and definitely not something to watch on family fun night. Humorously, it's rated PG, but the only point of the film seemed to be sex and watching amazingly beautiful people prance around in little fantasy costumes. Which were all amazing, I did get a kick out of the retro European look of the film. The costume design specifically. So I can understand perhaps why artistically one would be interested.

Other than that, it was so campy that I didn't even bother with think too hard about the storyline. It's one of those films that you just have to shut your brain off and enjoy it for what it is. Also, I can see were the Austin Powers films perhaps drew some of their inspiration from. Everything was so psychedelic and there was fur everywhere!

Overall, I still recommend it. Watch it with a good group of friends and have fun.

Cheers.
~Claudia
10 Films in 10 Days Project

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle