Thursday, March 3

10 Films in 10 Days Project - Day One : A Fist Full of Dollars

 
"I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might be able to convince him that you really didn't mean it..." - The Man with No Name

A Fistful of Dollars - 1964


This film was great fun! I remember when I was a kid, my father would always watch these films when we went on vacation. Late at night, when we were all done with our sightseeing, he would watch them in the hotel room. As a young girl I never bothered to pay attention. I thought it was amusing because I never understood his fascination with Western films.

Well now I know why! Clint Eastwood is brilliant! What little boy didn't grow up wanting to be a cowboy after seeing something like that? The Man with No Name, was indeed quite the character. He lived up to his reputation after all these years. What I didn't expect though, was how his soft voice completely contrasted with his bad-ass nature. That was a neat little detail that I enjoyed.

Other than that, it was fun to see how much movie quality has improved over the years. I had quite a few laugh-out-loud moments because of the campy acting, night scenes that were obviously shot during the day time and really bad lip sync. Despite all of this, I recommend it because it's still a solid film.

Cheers.
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle