Thursday, February 10

Dance Central Review


 P-P-P-Poker Face!

Recently, we got our Kinect in the mail and so far I'm loving it. Alvin is currently making games for the Kinect, so we're primarily using it for publishing purposes. However, it’s really nice to sneak some time in at night to play Dance Central. This is the only game we have for it other than Kinect Adventures, which comes bundled with the Kinect, and those are probably the only ones we'll get.

Dancing is awesome! I have learned a lot so far and am getting quite good. I’ve already had the opportunity to bust out some Lady Gaga - "Poker Face" on the dance floor at my sister’s party. This was wonderfully fun and I was very surprised that I remember it all!


Here are my thoughts about the game:

Pros


- I feel like I am learning how to dance and can actually remember the choreography for real life. 

- Dancing is a fun way to workout. It’s winter and cold outside right now, so this game has been my new favorite way to get my heart rate up. It’s also great because I feel my muscles and joints getting stronger as well. And of course, when that happens, I give myself a day of rest before continuing. That’s very important.

- The music is really fun! I enjoy most of the songs.

- The art direction is so great. I love the style and the characters; my favorite go-to dancer is Miss Aubrey.

- I tackle one song at a time, until I can gold star it, without flashcards on Hard. Which gives me a huge sense of accomplishment. It’s a great sensation when you feel the song and nail it!

- One cannot fail a song. So it doesn’t matter if you’re hardcore or just in it for some goofy fun. It’s great for everyone.

 
Cons

- WE HAVE TO MOVE OUR FURNITURE EVERY TIME WE PLAY. This gets old fast.

- I wish the original playlist was a little bigger, but I’m sure DLC will help with that.

- I really would have liked to create my own character. (Not that I don’t mind the characters) It’s just that I have been spoiled by other Harmonix games in the past that let you do that; like Rock Band. They at least should have had more costumes for the characters, because two is not enough.

- Being able to make a set list would be nice; so that the player doesn’t have to trudge through menus every time they finish a song.

- Speaking of menus, I have a really hard time bringing up some of them. Like the "Slow it Down" mode. That is soooo annoying.


Overall, I love Dance Central, am excited to become a better dancer, and practice more. It inspires me tremendously. Let me know what you think of the game! What’s your favorite song?

Cheers and happy gaming,
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle