Thursday, October 21

Look of the Month :: Fall 2010 :: October

“You will enjoy pleasures of life to the highest degree and will share them.” - Fortune Cookie

Isn’t that lovely? That was the fortune I received from my cookie yesterday when I went out for wonton soup and fried rice at one of my favorite Chinese food restaurant in the Bay Area. Strangely enough, I've been feeling that way recently. In a way, I've been trying to feel that way all of my life, never really thinking that I would get there. But I have, and most of the time I was looking in the wrong direction. I find that the more I just slow down, and enjoy the moment, I can really truly enjoy life.

That being said, I have been very inspired by fashion and makeup as of late and over the past year or so have been getting really involved in the art. It was always something that as a concept artist was very important to stay on top of. Being knowledgeable about fashion & makeup keeps one sharp from a design standpoint and helps to strengthen their work. Current and appealing trends always evolve, and if you are doing characters, sometimes they have to change with the times as well.

Makeup artistry, in all forms, has been a new creative outlet for me. I have been studying it all: Everything from beauty, glamour, runway, editorial, theatrical, and special effects. That being said, I'm going to start expressing myself more through this form of art here on the blog.

I have decided to create something called the Look of the Month in which I will do digital face charts of current makeup looks that reflect the recent trends rushing through the season. These looks are ever evolving and that is what's so brilliant about them.

The current look is:
O C T O B E R  2 0 1 0


Color trends for this month:
Navy, mauve, muted chartreuse, taupe, and silver

Current motivation for the look:
British style, California in the cold, and hanging out with loved ones

Please feel free to express yourself as well! Share links, tips, or any other suggestions in the comments. I would love to hear from you.

 xoxo,
~Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment


Jojoba Oil Benefits - 10 Amazing Ways To Use It | CLAUDIASUTTON.blogspot: Health and Lifestyle